setting off

That night, more dreams came

That night, more dreams came. I don't remember the last time I'd had so many dreams so many night in a row, then again I wasn't born when titans were around last time. And with them coming back again, it's something new and that saying something.

This one started off pretty regularly, the romance ones. Uhg.

I was sitting at a vanity, two girls working on my hair, my hair seemed so much more silky and smooth, unlike now.

The girls were around my age, one older by a few years and the other about the same as me.

My face was just the same as always, just without the regular dirt or scratches it usually has. Bright blue eyes, sparkling like the stars. Dirty blonde hair, set in loose curls.

The girls, who I assumed were maids, by the way they dressed.

And then I noticed how I was dressed. A striking green dress, decorated in pearls with matching necklaces and earrings.

It was overdressed but I'm sure it was the fashion.

A sweet smell spread through the room, then a woman appeared out of air next to me. She slowly faded into place and started stroking my hair, putting it up and pulling it down.

She was probably one of the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, her hair and eyes seemed to change color making her every version of beautiful I could think of. Her hair was blonde, then black, then a dark brown. Her eyes changed from ocean blue, to forest green, and then grew so beautifully brown.

I didn't move or look fazed but my face was a mix of love and hate.

"Lady Aphrodite," I said. "What a pleasant surprise."

I gave her a small smile. She stopped playing with my hair, leaving it in a perfect updo.

"My dear," she said, her voice seemed to radiate pure love and warmth. "It is truly lovely to meet you in person, finally."

"I would assume you've already seen me though?" I asked bitterly. "Me being with him. Why?"

"Tsk," Aphrodite waved her hand. "Some kind of bet, I suppose you could say. But are you not happy here? Do you not love him?"

I took a deep breath, I felt a shudder go through me, like a spell, but nearly real.

"Is it real?" I whispered. "Do I love him? Or is it just you?"

Aphrodite gave me a small smile, but her eyes danced.

The scene changed, it was like before, but this time I wasn't in a forest, it was in some kind of cave like place, in the distance I saw a girl crouched down and her legs shook so bad I'm surprised she didn't collapsed.

When I finally was close to her I saw her face covered in dirt and sweat with her eyes closed, was annabeth.

Holding atlas's curse. The world its self, the sky, all of everything.