Chapter XXII

They soon arrive at the bottom of the burial mound, "let's head up," Lan Wangji take out Bichen, he step on it, "Come on Wei Ying," Lan Wangji hold out his hand for Wei Wuxian to take.

Wei Wuxian hesitated, "I won't let you fall. I won't let anything happen to you, I promise." Wei Wuxian nodded his head, he take Lan Wangji hand as he step on Bichen. He wrapped his arm around Lan Wangji waist so that he won't fall or feel the dark energy from the burial mound.

"Ready?" Wei Wuxian nodded his head. Bichen begin to take them up into the sky, Lan Wangji felt Wei Wuxian tighten around his waist, "Wei Ying is alright," he patted the hand around his waist.

'I'm terrify, even when I am not scary of flying anymore this make me remember the time when Wen Chao threw me from the sky down into the burial mound.' "I know Lan Zhan."

As they went closer closer closer and closer to the place, Wei Wuxian felt a chill running up and down his spine. "You can feel the dark energy from up here. Wei Ying?"

"Mn. I can feel it. The same dark energy inside of me is moving around right now." 'I can only be able to control it when Lan Zhan is around. His warmth, soft and calm aura is the only thing that make the darkness inside of me to settle down.'

"Wei Ying, we are almost there." Lan Wangji felt Wei Wuxian tighten his arm around his waist. 'Still scare, this feeling...this dark energy can take over someone body if they aren't strong enough.' "Wei Ying?"

All Lan Wangji hear is, "Mhm?"

"Why didn't the dark energy take over your body?"

Wei Wuxian think for a while, he know what Lan Wangji is talking about. "I'm not sure Lan Zhan. All I remember is hearing them telling or asking me if I want to take revenge on the Wen for killing Jiang Fengmian, Yu Ziyuan and all of the Jiang disciple. I can feel them entering my body but then I hear your voice calling out to me. Your voice make me feel like I should be strong, strong enough to not let the dark energy to take over my body."

Hearing this make Lan Wangji feel very warm and happy inside, "Then I will always be there to help you. We're here. Ready?" Wei Wuxian nodded his head.

Lan Wangji take them down into the burial mound. 'This energy is strong. No wonder they call this place "burial mound" no one can escape this place once they got thrown down here.'

Lan Wangji summon up his guqin (I was going to put Wangji but no one will know or understand why Wangji or isn't that Lan Wangji name)  he begin to play cleansing melody to keep the dark energy away from them.

Once they landed Bichen went back into it scabbard. "Wei Ying do you see the sword?" Wei Wuxian look around the place. There he see a light in the middle with the sword floating above the ground, "there Lan Zhan," Lan Wangji see it.

"Wei Ying?" Wei Wuxian know what Lan Wangji want to said, "I'm right here. I will keep the resentment energy away from you. Once you get the sword, we will go find the place where you stay to forge the Yin Hufu and your flute." (I think I talk about Lan Wangji making a flute for him. Forget all of that and read this part instead.)

"Okay," Lan Wangji make a pathway for Wei Wuxian to walk toward the sword. Wei Wuxian can feel the warmth of the aura that is coming from Lan Wangji playing on the guqin.

Once Wei Wuxian got the sword he rush back to where Lan Wangji is at. "Wei Ying where is the cave?" Lan Wangji asked.

"Is this way," Wei Wuxian pointed behind them. "Once we get there, I will seal up the opening, this way no resentment energy can enter. Let's go."

"Mn." Wei Wuxian show Lan Wangji the way. It was only a few step behind them. When they got there Lan Wangji push Wei Wuxian inside. Wei Wuxian turn around to look at Lan Wangji, "Lan Zhan!"

"Wait in there, I will come back," Wei Wuxian watch as Lan Wangji disappear into the dark mist. "Lan Zhan!" Wei Wuxian pounded on the shield. 'No no no noo! Don't leave me alone!' Wei Wuxian body begin to shake as he remember the time when Wen Qing and Wen Ning left his side.

Wei Wuxian went to a spot around the cave, he slid down and pull his knee to his chest. 'Come back soon Lan Zhan!'

About a minute or so later Wei Wuxian hear, "Wei Ying!" Wei Wuxian stand up, "Lan Zhan!"

"Wei Ying!"

"Lan Zhan! Is dark in here! I can't see!" Hearing this Lan Wangji light up his sword. Wei Wuxian see the glowing light of a sword, he follow the glaring light of Lan Wangji sword.

"Lan Zhan!" Wei Wuxian rush toward Lan Wangji and wrapped his arm around Lan Wangji waist. As for Lan Wangji, he can feel Wei Wuxian body shaking.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to leave you by yourself." Lan Wangji pull Wei Wuxian back, "I went to get this for you," lan Wangji shine his sword on his hand.

"Dark bamboo?"

"I made one for you but I don't think it will work. Will this work for you?"

Wei Wuxian take the bamboo from Lan Wangji hand, "yeah, this will work."

"But we do need light around here," lan Wangji look around the place. "Let me forge the Yin Hufu and make my flute first. This way I can clear up the place."

"Okay."

Lan Wangji summon up his guqin, he begin to play to keep Wei Wuxian mind and spiritual energy calm. Wei Wuxian calmly forge his Yin Hufu while listen to Lan Wangji cleansing song.

Cloud Recesse

"How long do you think it will take for A-Xian to forge the Yin Hufu and his flute?" Lan Sheng asked while tending to the injury Lan disciple. "A-Xian never told us how long," (I'm not sure if I wrote this part or not. Let me know if I wrote it okay) Lan Xichen is checking on his uncle to see how he is doing.

"I hope to see the two of them again. The war is about to start." Lan Xichen nodded his head, 'As long as the Jiang clan is okay, A-Xian doesn't have to go back to them. Wangji need A-Xian and A-Xian need Wangji.' "Don't worry they will. I know that they will come back before the war started."