Chapter Eight

viii. THE RIGHT THING

HANEUL lazed on Nari's bed with her phone in her hand, not focusing on a single thing her best friend was saying

HANEUL lazed on Nari's bed with her phone in her hand, not focusing on a single thing her best friend was saying. Nari groaned from her wardrobe and picked up a shirt she had thrown on the floor, then she threw it at Haneul—hitting her right in her face.

Haneul sat up with a start and her eyes narrowed. She placed her phone down on her thigh before she picked the piece of clothing up off her body. At first, she debated throwing it back at Nari, but instead she settled for throwing it on the floor with the rest of the discarded clothes pile.

"Will you get off your damn phone and listen to me for once in your life?" Nari asked, turning her back to Haneul once again as she continued to rifle through her clothes, deciding what to throw away, and what to keep for the coming Summer season.

"What a cheek!" Haneul replied exasperated. "I always listen to your loud, annoying ass." She gave a giggle to which she knew Nari was likely frowning, but the latter chose not to turn around and bite on the comment.

"Do I want to go for old money style, or do I want to go for the clean girl look?" Nari asked finally after she picked up a skirt-suit in one hand, and a summer dress white in colour with sunflowers all over it in the other.

Haneul hummed slowly, not really caring for fashion but deciding to indulge in her best friend's concerns. "Put them against yourself so I can compare," Haneul replied.

Nari followed the command, holding the dress suit up to her body by the hanger to which Haneul nodded in approval. Just as Nari dropped her arm so she could hold the alternative dress up to herself, Haneul felt her phone vibrate from her thigh and she picked it up.

Nari let out a loud an irritated huff at the action, but Haneul held a hand up as if motioning for her to hold on as second before she gave her full attention back to her. But as Haneul's eyes read over the email she had received, she sat up straighter and her lips parted slightly in mild surprise.

Nari's arms dropped the clothes onto her nearby desk, the one place that had been devoid of her clothes beforehand, then she walked over to her bed with her face showing signs of concern. "Everything alright?" Nari asked carefully.

Haneul nodded her head slowly. She looked in a daze as she raised her head and looked at her best friend. "They want me to go to the filming studio for a spoken interview which may be aired on the show."

Nari gasped and grabbed Haneul's phone, with next to no resistance from the latter. Her eyes then gazed over the email, her thumb scrolling to get the full news. "Oh, they put the filming dates here, too. Oh, and a 'moving-to-the-dorm' date for next weekend! Fun, we get to pack you a cute little suitcase—" But then she paused her words, the gravity of the situation hitting her.

"I have to live with men... In a dorm... For at least two months..." Haneul mumbled, her eyes staring off into space as she using one of her hands to lightly tap her cheek. "I feel like I just signed my own death certificate. Why did I decide to do this?"