Chapter Ten

x. SHINING STAR

THE taxi pulled up to the historic building Haneul had ingrained into her memory the last time she had attended

THE taxi pulled up to the historic building Haneul had ingrained into her memory the last time she had attended. That, however, didn't stop her eyes from going wide, from admiring how huge the building was.

And this time, it was bustling with people.

Outside to the right space on the large front 'courtyard area', there were too many mini-vans to count. Haneul assumed they were for the idol trainees from the most expensive of entertainment companies—the ones who could afford for their trainees to travel in style.

Her assumption was proven right when she noticed on the side of one of the white vans, a golden star sticker with the word SHINING on top, and STAR underneath. She had to resist the urge to get all giddy with excitement. Some of the most well known idols came from that company, and she followed their social media pages closely.

Maybe some of her favourite yet-to-debut trainees would be there on the show with her. That would be one way for her to live her fangirl dreams for a few moments.

With the reminder that she couldn't let such trivial things get ahold of her, Haneul shook her head to rid herself of the thoughts before she tore her eyes away from the golden writing and continued to asses the rest of the area before her.

Then her attention was stolen by a series of smaller vans with people climbing in and out, holding camera equipment and some smaller furniture pieces which seemed to be desk chairs with wheels, and small pop up tables much like the one the interviewers used.

Haneul bit the inside of her cheek, trying her best to remain calm and not show her emotions. She could feel a grin tugging at the corners of her lips, begging to show just how excited she really was—no matter how anxious she felt, the excitement bubbling in her stomach seemed to trump it.

For the time being, until she got to feel the repercussions of her actions.

The taxi driver cleared his throat, then threw Haneul a raised disapproving eyebrow in the rear view mirror. Haneul felt her cheeks flush red hot and rushed to open the car door. She ran to the back of the car and opened the boot, then flung her suitcase out with as much strength as she could muster. The second she shut the boot of the car, the taxi driver wasted no time in driving away.

Haneul watched the red lights of the back of the taxi disappear, then she turned back to the building she was now going to be living in for the next few months. She arched her neck to try to get the full scope of the towers the building held, and tried to convince herself she was going to have the best time of her life here.

Compared to some weeks ago when she was debating her stupidity, Haneul was now trying her best to focus on the things that would keep her on track with her plan. She couldn't let herself get too sidetracked with fear. She had to own up to what she had done, and she had best try her God damn best while she remained there.