Chapter Eleven

xi. AN UNWILLING SAVIOUR

A tall and very beautiful woman entered the room silently

Her long brown hair hid her face almost like a perfect curtain, but even from where Haneul sat she could still see the remnants of a scowl in the form of twisted lips. The woman was silent, her aura seeming deadly and determined.

The woman closed the door behind her as her eyes scanned the room. When they finally felt upon Haneul, her stone cold face turned red. She stormed over to Haneul, no care in the world for the fragile high heels she wore.

"What in the hell were you thinking? Do you know how many times Joseph has called me today alone?" The woman, who Haneul assumed to be Ahn Joohyun, scolded her. Her hands were tight fists by her sides, and while her tone was threatening, her beautiful features stunned Haneul—causing her to be unable to speak.

The woman pressed her fists into her sides a she watched Haneul's mouth open and close, moving to sit to the edge of the sofa with her back straight. The words failed to find her, so Ahn Joohyun, Stylist Ahn as she was to be called from then on, reached down to the mini fridge and pulled out a bottle of ice cold water.

"This whole thing if a joke, but you're lucky I love Joe so much, or else your ass would be handed to the producers and you'd be off the show sooner than you can say 'idol'. I'm risking my job for a stupid kid," Her words trailed off into a ramble as she walked across Haneul and threw herself into the sofa beside her.

"Thank you," Were the only words Haneul could find in herself to say after several minutes of silence.

"You best be," Stylist Ahn's voice sounded lethal, as if it could cut stone.

The pair sat in silence for a long, unknown period of time. Haneul felt nervous, but she pushed the feeling aside as she pulled out her phone and texted Joseph to assure him she was now in safe hands. Once she had promised him she would be 'on her best behaviour', she finally locked her phone and put it back in her pocket.

At this, Stylist Ahn decided to take initiative with the conversation. "We have some things we need to go over before I let you step foot out of this room again, so you best get comfortable."

The intimidating woman made her way to her bag that she had flung on the counter, then she unzipped it to pull out a thick leather notebook with a pen tucked into the side loop. She turned back to Haneul, making her way to her threateningly with her eyes focused solely on her own.

"This is going to be your bible for the next four months, if you survive that long. If you follow everything I tell you, and you do your best when it comes to every stage performance, we can let you keep living this dumb fantasy of yours until the end of the show and I will make sure you do not debut."

Haneul nodded and held her hands out to take the notebook, to which Joohyun dropped without mercy. The notebook was heavy, and it almost slipped from her fingers. But Haneul managed to grab a tight grip of it.