Chapter Eight

Everything looked amazing as Kyle and James walked into the wedding reception. After the amazing ceremony they both decided to go get a lot of food. Thankfully the reception was basically a buffet in which Kyle and James engulfed an enormous amount of food. Afterwards James almost forgot all about Danny as he and Kyle laughed. It all felt like they were back to the beginning. Back when James felt certain that Danny was a thing of the past. Back when the now resurfaced and the future seemed to be an unknown and exciting thing.

"Okay, come over here." Kyle took James's hand and took him out of the reception hall and into the lobby of the grandiose hotel. "I wanted to surprise you by showing the room I booked us. Let's just go to reception to the keys and then we can have some fun."

James was sure not seeing Danny and only being around Kyle was helping him move on. Just as Kyle took James's hand to take him to the reception he bumped into an older guy.

"Sorry!" James said as Kyle ran ahead to get the keys.

"It's okay." The guy said. "Seems your about to go have fun with your boyfriend."

"Basically..." James chuckled nervously.

"Well, good luck I...."

The guy was interrupted by...

Danny...

Danny didn't even notice James until he turned to look at him. James just stood there feeling his heart beat faster and faster. A sudden desire to kiss Danny was overtaking him. They were so close to each other. Danny took James's breath away.

"James..." Danny smiled and hugged him.

"Oh, so you're famous James." The guy said.

"Yeah, how's it going Danny?" James asked.

"Pretty good." Danny said. "At this wedding with my boyfriend. So everything is great!"

"Well, I guess we should go Danny. That room isn't gonna be there forever." Harrison said.

"Let's go!" Danny chuckled and went off with his boyfriend as James was left contemplating exactly what just happened.

"Are you okay?" Kyle asked James.

"Yeah, let's go to the room." James said.

Kyle grabbed James's hand and they both ran to the elevator which took them to one of the top floors of the luxurious hotel they were in. The James Branch hotel was one of the biggest and most beautiful hotels anyone could find in the town. Also it was incredibly expensive. Kyle got him and James a honeymoon suite and boy was it fancy. The bed looked like it was made out of actual gold and everything looked like a mixture of the classical Victorian era with a modern twist added to it.

"I'm in love." Kyle said.

"You and design." James chuckled.

"What do you expect from an architect?" Kyle said as he kissed James.

James felt like everything was fading. Maybe it was the fantasy of it all but Danny was the last thing he was thinking about. Maybe it was all in his head. He couldn't help admit that his heart did skip a beat whenever he was around Danny but it didn't change how he felt about Kyle. Maybe it was all nostalgia? Maybe it was all a fantasy? Maybe it was all build up?

_________

Danny went to the bathroom of the hotel room Harrison had rented them. He was trying to calm down. Knowles wasn't about to become a home wrecker. Danny loved Harrison even though it was a bit to early to say that. He was just perfect. Even when he does his stupid little magic tricks. For some reason Danny couldn't help but love him.

He came from the bathroom assured about his feelings for Harrison. Danny is in love.

"Hey..." Harrison shouted. "Kelly is here with James!"

Danny opened the bathroom door only to see a tearful Kelly looking at him. Harrison looked worried and James looked upset.

"What happened?" Danny asked.

"I can't find Kat!" Kelly exclaimed. "I think she ran out with Janice... Where do you think they could be?"

Danny hugged Kelly as she cried.

"I think I know where they are..." Danny said.

"But they could be in either places so I'll show you where else they could be." James said.

"It's okay." Danny assured Kelly. "We'll find Kat."

__________

James looked out the window as Danny drove them to where he thought they could be at. Of course, they zoomed passed almost all through the whole town and even the university. That's when they made it to the lake. It was just as beautiful as the last time him and Danny stayed there.

"I remember this." James chuckled.

"Nostalgic, are we?" Danny eyed James.

Now James was looking at him. This time with no guy standing by his side. No one to stop them from feeling these things. All those feelings he thought that were gone. All that certainty vanished. It was just the two of them and he felt everything just hit him. He pushed Danny against the car door and kissed him.

James couldn't help feeling it. Impulses just drove him to kiss Danny. It felt amazing and the amount of euphoria was incredible. That kiss established that both of there feelings weren't gone. Maybe it was just them wanting to get back to the way things were but it was still not a feeling they could ignore.

Danny grabbed James as though he wanted more. To both of them it just kept getting better and better. It was almost as though Harrison and Kyle never existed...

Almost...

"No!" Danny shouted. "We can't!"

James backed off.

"I'm sorry..." James said. "Let's just go back to looking for Kat."

Danny got out of the car and switched places with James. The tension in the car after that moment was extremely unbearable. Sitting so close to Danny made James want to just kiss him spontaneously again.

"If you only you had been with me a month ago." Danny said. "Maybe things would've been different."

"Maybe if I hadn't left things would've been even more different between the two of us." James said.

"Do you ever regret it?"

"Most of the time. But look at us now! I'm a writer and I'm pretty sure your dreams are coming true."

"I'm interning to become in a company dedicated to biological findings."

"Finally, a scientist."

"Not yet but working to be there."

"We're right where we ought to be."

"Even so. Do you miss us?"

"As you can tell... Of course, I do. But we've moved on haven't we?"

"I'm not sure after what just happened."

"I'm sure we are."

Danny looked at James as the car stopped.

"We're not in high school anymore." James said. "Things are different. We met people. We have boyfriends now. Different career paths and adult things like that. We're not what we used to be. Now we just need to move on."

"So you think it's just the past." Danny looked at him to see his reaction.

Just a hint of doubt hit James's face.

"I'm sure it's just the past."

"Ironic, then." Danny chuckled.

"Yeah..." James smiled.

That's when Danny kissed him. It was a small sweet kiss. But it brought those feelings back. That's when he sat back down and looked at James blushing.

"Let's go get Kat, then." Danny said. "Mr. Brooke."