Chapter Five

"You must be Danny!" Screamed the blond girl excitedly as she ran up to Danny while holding on to a seemingly lost James.

"Yep, that's me!" Danny said cheerfully partly because Lucas had been making puns only seconds ago.

"My name is Alice and I'm a huge fan." Alice looked genuinely happy to to see Danny. Danny stopped laughing but kept his smile even though in his head he knew exactly what she was referring to. "I would love to get high with you someday."

"Ha! Doesn't everyone." Lucas said.

"Lucas!" Alice went up and hugged him. "How the hell could I forget to greet my favorite purple streaked gay boy?!"

"Well, obviously who would?" Lucas hugged Alice as though they've been friends forever. Danny had never heard of Alice and Lucas hanging out.

"Oh, I met her in theater when we were doing Beauty and the Beast." Lucas looked a bit embarrassed.

"He's gay so don't worry James." They started to talk catching up like old friends which left Danny and James together.

"So how's it going?" Danny asked him awkwardly even though he wanted to jump and kiss him at this very second.

"Pretty good, actually." James said.

"Having problems looking for some inspiration?"

"Still having that darn writer's block."

"That sucks. Maybe you should start reading Something Like Summer."

"Maybe I will." James winked at him which just made Danny smile and blush.

"My, my it would seem you two are flirting! If it wasn't a fact that I know how straight James was." Alice said breaking the fantasy that Danny had. "We have to go now, Danny boy. But before we leave I want to invite you to a party!"

Lucas just nodded excited about finally going to one of the world famous Christian parties that everyone spoke about.

"Yep, that's right!" Alice said. "You have to come to one of Christian's parties! You're YouTube famous and my wish of getting high with you could finally flourish."

"Okay, sure." Danny agreed when he saw that James was nodding as much as Lucas. He was being forced by three people to be sociable.

"Okay, it's a double date then!" Alice exclaimed.

"Alice, how many times do I have to tell you that not every two gay guys are together." Lucas just shook his head.

"Not enough times, apparently!" Alice shouted as she and James walked in the distance.

"Well, that settles that." Danny said. "I have zero chance of getting to date the almighty and popular James Grant."

"Hey, Danny Holden could date whoever he sets his sights on." Lucas said acting like he had been insulted. "I mean come on! You got me!"

"You asked me out." And so Danny got into Lucas's car and they drove together to study in Danny's house where Mr. and Mrs. Holden were patiently waiting in the living room.

"Finally, our prodigal son returns!" Mr. Holden laughed what he said.

"Well, he probably just came from a party." Mrs. Holden eyed her daughter but in a playful way.

"Yeah, yeah." Mell smiled. "You like having a wild daughter so shush."

"That's true." Mrs. Holden just turned around a bit surprised to see Lucas. "Are you two back to being a thing?"

"Nope, but everyone seems to think so." Lucas shrugged as he casually went upstairs to Danny's room.

"Use protection!" Mr. Holden shouted.

"Sure will, Mr. H!" Lucas shouted back.

"It's a shame you two never got back together." Danny looked at his mom's longing eyes.

"Mom, he needs to move on so shush!" Mell said.

Danny ran upstairs eager to escape his parents' grip. He loved his parents liberalist views but sometimes they can really get into Danny's life. Which explained why he was so secluded. Danny really didn't want a boyfriend and Lucas was his first mainly because of the fact that he was persistent. That's one of the many reasons Danny liked Lucas so much then. Lucas was such a hopeful person and spectacular in every way but then he remembered why they had broken up in the first place.

"So Lucas tell me what you found most attractive about me?" Danny was curious at to what part of his body he should flaunt next time he saw James. Danny just wanted a little attention or at least that's what he told himself; it's just harmless flirting.

"Your ass!" Lucas said excitedly. "For a scrawny nerd, you have the ass of a God. You make Nikki Minaj have a run for her money."

Danny looked in the mirror but he really didn't see it. "It's not that big."

"It's plump and rounded to perfection." Lucas grabbed Danny's ass which made Danny smile and blush.

Lucas sat on Danny's bed and asked him how his AP Bio test went.

"I probably failed." Danny was tired from not knowing three of the one hundred questions he had to answer.

"No, you didn't." Lucas flipped through his favorite gay magazine, Playgirl. "You failing is my passing with an A. You shriek EVERYTIME you see an 80."

"Well, for a future Harvard student, a simple B can lower my GPA significantly!" Danny said defensively.

"Whatever..." Lucas just rolled his eyes. "So you don't need to study tonight."

"I can do more practice for AP Cal." Lucas gave him the eyes that told him to shut up or correct himself.

"Nope, I'm free..." Danny said shivering just a little from those eyes.

"Good!" Lucas said as he grabbed a hold of him and pulled him in. "I want you to go to James's place."

"Huh?!" Danny turned completely red.

"I knew it!" Lucas smiled and put a fist in the air. "You like James! Like you really like him! He's not just a crush, huh?"

"Just let me be, Lucas." This led to Danny opening his AP Cal workbook to avoid Lucas's lustful eyes and devilish grin.

"Please, tell me what happened at Sainted?!" Lucas pleaded but Danny wouldn't budge. Danny didn't want to because describing that would lead to him wanting James more when he shouldn't! James was straight and had an amazingly friendly girlfriend. Of course, he felt a small ping of jealousy at the thought of Alice kissing James but they deserve each other. It's not like James had these feelings that Danny had for him! Right...

"Please!" Now Lucas a begging at his knees.

Danny didn't really want Lucas to become even more dramatic so he gave in and told Lucas everything while practicing for his AP Cal finals.

"Holy shit!" Lucas said after Danny was done recounting the events that took place at Sainted. "There is definitely something there."

"No there isn't." Danny was keeping his calm but feeling sad at the words he just uttered.

"Yes, there is!" Lucas was happily jumping up and down. "There's another thing that very few people get to see but when they do they can't help but want to keep making you do it. And that is smiling. Your smile is beyond amazing. It can make any guy turn gay and by the sound of it you made James gay with your smile."

"Can you please stop bringing my hopes up?" Danny wanted nothing more than to wish those words were actually true. "Please!"

"Nope." Lucas shook his head. "You know how much of a romantic I am and I am definitely gushing over you two right now."

"No..." Danny spent the rest of his night listening to Lucas talk about weddings and romantic get togethers with James, filling Danny's heart with what felt like false promises.