18. I My Me! Drunk

Anyone seen 'I My Me! Strawberry Eggs'? It's pretty good!

• • • • • • • •

Kii bowed and introduced herself, "Hello! I'm Kori. I look forward to doing business with you!" She gave a closed eye smile. I'm going to murder you, Matsuda.

The group of men shared a look of approval.

"So it's a deal then?" Matsuda asked clapping his hands together. He just wanted to get out of there as soon as possible.

One man with long hair showed Kii and Matsuda out. Once they were both out of the building and out of sight, Kii hit Matsuda on his head.

"Oweeee! I'm sorry! But at least we-"

Kick

"I'm sorry!"

Kii glared and walked over to the car that Watari drove, with Matsuda trailing behind her.

"Why?"

Matsuda looked at Kii confused, "What do you mean?"

"Why did you go in there?" She asked not looking at him, but out the window.

Matsuda frowned and looked down at his hands, "I just wanted to show that I could be helpful too. Everyone always calls me an idiot. But their right, I am an idiot."

Kii smiled still not looking at Matsuda, "You are an idiot. But you're a brave idiot. Do you think any of us would've went and done that?" She said finally facing Matsuda, "So, did you get any information?"

Matsuda's eyes lit up like Christmas trees as he explained everything he heard. Kii have him a playful punch on the shoulder, "Good job! You did great." She gave a thumbs up of approval.

Matsuda felt his cheeks flush as he rubbed the back of his neck, "Y-you really think so?"

"Yup. How about we celebrate? Watari, could you take us to Minno's instead? Just take one left and then a right." Watari nodded and followed Kii's instructions.

As they pulled over, Matsuda started feeling unsure, "I don't know Kii.. will L be okay that we-"

"Let's go!" She pulled him by the arm and entered the familiar restaurant.

She looked around with a sad smile, "Shinichi and I went here all the time! But then I moved.."

Matsuda and Kii sat at the counter. Suddenly a man's hand flew forward and bopped Kii on the head. She turned around ready to attack when she noticed it was just Shinichi.

"Shinichi?! Shinichi!!" Kii grinned jumping on her friend.

Shinichi laughed and hugged her back, "Why didn't you call? I was worried, you know. I haven't heard a word from you since you left."

Kii just sheepishly smiled and turned to Matsuda, "Matsu, this is Shinichi-kun, he's my friend from here. Shinichi this is-"

"Your boyfriend?" He asked making the two blush.

"No!" She laughed, "I work with him."

Shinichi nodded and glanced behind his back, "Um.. I have to go Kii, but call me more alright?" Shinichi took off without letting Kii say goodbye.

"Ok.."

Kii sat back down next to Matsuda. A waiter came for their order, "Hello, what'll it be?"

Matsuda didn't know what to order since they had no menu but apparently Kii had that covered, "We'll both just take a huge plate of nacho's with extra cheese on the side! And a pint of beer."

The waiter read back the order to her to make sure it was correct. Kii smiled and he left to give the ticket to the cooks.

"So, Matsu. How old are you?"

Matsuda blushed playing with a napkin, "T-twenty five."

Kii smiled and nodded, "You're still young, don't worry."

Matsuda laughed nervously. It felt like they were on a date in his perspective.

"Here you are." Their food and beer was placed infront of them. Kii thanked the waiter and picked up a chip.

"Eat! It's good." Matsuda hesitantly took a bite from the chip that Kii held out before his lips, "Mmm.. that is good!"

Kii smiled in accomplishment and ate.

• Time Pass •

By now two empty pints were on the counter and a half empty tray of nachos remained. Kii got full after awhile and now it was just Matsuda eating.

Matsuda took another chip, about to bite into it but the cheese was too heavy and made the chip break and drop on his suit.

"I guess it's just nacho day." Kii laughed a bit drunk, with red tinted cheeks.

Matsuda laughed and cleaned his suit with a napkin, "Yeah it's nacho my day!" He smiled, clearly a happy drunk.

Suddenly Watari appeared behind them and put money on the table, "Ryuzaki has requested that you two return back now."

Kii's eyes widened along with Matsuda's, "Uh oh. We better go nachos." Kii grabbed the tray of nachos.

Matsuda frowned and followed her, "N-no. I better go too."

This is my fault. Watari sighed and helped the drunken boy into his car.

• Skip •

"Matsuda, could you explain to me what exactly you heard?" L asked sitting in the position he normally does.

Matsuda hiccuped and slightly slurred, "Okay. Eveyone.. called me an idiot. Okay? So I went, and I heard that they said, and I was listening to the door so I heard what they were said."

L looked annoyed as he dismissed Matsuda to his room. Light groaned and face palmed, "Okay then. Kii, can you tell us what Mastuda heard?"

Kii nodded and pointed a finger at herself, "Wait, me? Yeah. Okay. So it's not nacho day." She laughed, "And he heard that they kill.." Kii's eyes drooped, "They work with Kira.."

Light thanked her and let her leave to get some sleep, "We'll just have to try again tomorrow."

L sighed and drank his tea.

• • • • • •

Sorry I know this sucks😓

it seems like it's getting worse and worse. So I really need to know if it's bad or not.

I know this sounds snobby or bratty, but I'm not updating until I know how it is so far.

Please answer!

Is this book bad or good?

Should I rewrite it?

In one word, how would you describe it so far?

Sorry. I just don't know want continue it if it's seriously bad.