27. Come Together

My eyes shifted down to the fruits in front of me, "I.. I can't say i haven't been feeling the same things.." 

"Was that your answer?" L asked.

"Yes."

L smiled. I loved seeing him smile, even if it was rare, I was always looking forward to seeing him smile..

~Skip / L's P O V~>

It was no accident that I asked Matsuda to get me coffee. I knew he was going to tell Kii he had feelings for her.. It's bad enough knowing Light has feelings for her,  but now I no longer have to worry about that. The only thing is.. Kii being the second Kira.

Lately she's been slightly different. So has Light. Maybe the death note they had shared he gave up and it landed in the hands of Teru Mikami? But why..? Light is Kira, he'd kill his own father if he had to. But Light has feelings for Kii.. is it possible they were strong enough to make him forfeit the death note? If so..

I made the correct move with Kii.

~ Next Day~

"Where is Kii?" I asked seeing everyone but not her. Today we were going to move our plan against Mikami into action.

"She's not here yet?" Light asked before pulling out his cellphone, "Hang on, I'll try her cellphone.."

"She's not picking up." Light said.

"Try calling her mother." Mr. Yagami suggested, "I know Kii still lives with her, she would know."

Light tapped in his phone before placing it on speaker, "Hello?"

"Hi, Miss Asuda -- this is Light Yagami. I was wondering if Kii was there with you?"

"No, she hadn't come home last night at all. I thought maybe she had another late night at work.. Light, is there something I should be concerned about?"

I grabbed the cellphone from Light, "Hello Miss Asuda, this is Hideki Ryuuga speaking, Kii's boyfriend. There's nothing to be concerned of, she fell asleep on my couch after our date. I'll have her call you once she wakes up." I used a more laid back tone of voice.

"Oh, thank the heavens.. Well, I'll let you go now. I have my shift.. It was nice to speak to Kii's boyfriend.." Miss Asuda giggled and hung up.

Everyone stared at me with the same expressions. I handed Light-kun his phone back.

"L! What the hell was that?" Light asked shoving his phone in his pocket.

I stared at him blankly, "I avoided a bad situation by partially lying,"

"Partially?" Light asked.

I fought back the smile that wanted to make its' way upon my lips, "As of last night Kii and I have started a romantic relationship."

Light paled as Matsuda waved his arms around, "Aw man! I wanted to ask her-" Matsuda shut up after Light sent a look his way.

"Guys! We have something else to focus on! Like where Kii is?!" Izawa snapped.

~

"L, we have someone on the line claiming to have Kii." Watari's voice came through his laptop.

"Connect them through, record the call and trace it." I replied.

"Very well."

"L." A voice disguiser? "I want the death note. I know you and the japanese police have it in your care."

A picture of Kii tied up appeared on the screen.

"If you decide not to cooperate with us, I will kill the girl. It's your choice."