26. Kicking In The Wall

~>

"Light Yagami, are you absolutely sure about this?" Rem asked standing with Ryuk behind her.

Light handed Rem the Death Note, "Yes, that's right. Take it to Teru Mikami and tell him exactly what I told you to, word for word. And since I don't trust Ryuk to do this, I need you to go along. And make sure you collect the ripped out pages from Kii."

~>

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off. I sat up feeling different.

~

"Feeling better?" L asked.

I nodded. No sneezing or anything.

"That's good, because Kira went on a killing spree. Hm.. let's see, a total of 140 deaths. 50% of them were classified so only someone with access to such information could do this."

I bit my lip before leaning over L and searching something.

"I think i know who it was.." I backed away letting L read it.

It took him a second less to finish reading it than I did, "Teru Mikami. A prosecutor."

"Wow! Nice going on that one Kii! You thought of that before L or Light did!"

I smiled at him as his cheeks flushed, "Thank you, Matusda.."

"But we can't prove it is him." Izawa said.

I shook my head to that, "Maybe we can if somehow-"

"Look into his clients." L finished.

~

"Yeah, it's definitely him." Light said looking at his screen.

L swallowed a gumdrop, "I see.. then let's commence with a plan."

~

"First we'll need someone Mikami would have no knowledge of, being apart of our side."

Everyone looked around at each other. "But Mikami knows all of us just by search" I said.

"That's true.. I think I know someone that could help us though.."

~

I wonder who L's talking about.

"Kii." 

I looked over my shoulder and saw Light at the door frame. I sent him a short smile before focusing back on my hot chocolate I was making, "Did you want a cup?"

"No thanks," He sat down at the table, "I have coffee."

I hate coffee.

"That's.. nice.." It's been so awkward since he kissed me. What am I supposed to say in a situation like this? And why can I only remember parts of things?  Maybe i haven't passed my cold yet..

~

"Kii!" Matsuda yelled running to me.

I waited on the steps until he reached me, "What's up?" I asked.

"I.." He focused on something around us, avoiding eye contact, "I've always-"

"Mr. Matsuda, could you get me a coffee?" L's voice came from Matsuda's pocket.

I laughed into my hand, "Was that Ryuzaki?"

"Y-Yeah.." Matsuda laughed nervously looking disappointed.

"Kii, if you could come see me too."

"Sure.." I replied unsure.

~

I knocked on the door before entering, "L?" I asked seeing him sitting in his chair with a table of different fruits and two bowls of melted chocolate on it; in front of him.

"Please sit."

I did as he said and sat down on the other side of the table. I took my jacket off and set it beside my, "Did you find something?" I asked.

"I'd like to upgrade our relationship."

My heart fluttered but I knew I probably misunderstood him, "What?"

"I've thought about this for numerous days.." L started and played with a strawberry using his fork, "I've seemed to develop.. a sort of feelings for you. In the beginning, I thought maybe it was what friendship was like - and how it made me.. feel. But it seems different rather than friendship. I'm friends with Light - and I can see now that my feelings for your were different than  the feeling I had for Light. Light is a friend. But I can't say I like him like how I like you. The point I'm making is.. I want to be in a romantic relationship with you."