23. Rise

"Is there something the matter?"

His voice was kind of muffled from the sound of the rain, but I could still understand what he was saying.

"No." My voice came out weaker than I intended, making me hope he didn't hear me.

Unfortunately he did, "If there was nothing wrong, I don't believe you'd just stand up here crying in this sort of weather. Come with me, I'll help you dry off."

I didn't object and just followed him inside silently. My shoes squeaked against the marble ground as we walked.

~>

"Here you are." L's hand appeared in front f my face, holding a clean-white towel.

I mumbled a quiet thanks and started drying my hair. Suddenly somethings stared taking my left shoe off. I looked and saw L's face there, his hair damped and dripping, "I wanted to assist you." He said simply.

I lightly smiled and took my towel, wiping his hair. He looked up causing us to make eye contact, 'It's not a sin to cry." He said our breaking our gaze.

My fist clenched the towel as I tried to hold tears. Suddenly he embraced and everything came out like a tsunami. I just sat there crying into his chest. Why is he letting me do this?

I tensed as his hand was placed on my back. Why is my heart beating so fast? I wonder if his heart is wild like mine..

After I finished crying and the tears ended, we didn't pull away. Suddenly the sound of footsteps approaching made me pull away. I looked and saw Light standing there with his eyes looking angry, ''What's going on here?"

"Just helping a friend." L said leaving out the details. Thank you.

~> Next Day ~>

I held the homemade chocolates to my chest. Why was I so nervous? I released a breath of air I didn't know I held and set this in front of L.

"What this?" L asked examining the box.

I could feel Light watching making me feel embarrassed for some reason, "I made a thank you gift.. These are milk chocolate caramel melts. When they touch your tongue, it's starts melting in your mouth. I-I didn't poison them!" Really Kii, 'I didn't poison them?!'

L smiled. He smiled. L smiled. He smiled?

"Thank you. I will enjoy these."

My face heated up. Why? Don't tell me...

That I like L??!

~> ~>

This was short but I felt the need to end this chapter there. Idk where I'm going with this - but I couldn't bring myself to kill L. UGUGUGUGUG YAY HE LIVES LETS JUST CARRY ON!