24. Stand

L sat in his chair staring into his laptop. He wasn't doing any work though. Because he couldn't focus, his mind was filled will several thoughts.

"Mm.." He loved these melt thing Kii made him.

Kii.. You are the second Kira, and Light Yagami the first. But what is it that puts such a big gap between the two of you? You have compassion. So why would she continue this? The only possible scenario I can believe is.. Light Yagami has your life in the palm of his hands.

~>

Things became even more awkward between L and I. Well, for me that is anyway.. I know I like him.. ugh! No, I don't have time to think about this. I need to convince Light to give up his deathnote before something bad happens. I don't want either of you to die, or anyone else here.

Light, I'm outside. Can you let me in?

I texted him outside of his new apartment. He had apparently moved out on his own. Which made it perfect for me to talk to him about the death note.

~

"So what brings you here?" Light asked handing me a glass of.. something?

I decided not to drink it and set my hands on my lap, "Light, the reason you became Kira was to help this world and the good people in it, correct?"

"Uh -- yeah. Hey, what's this about? You're not gonna try to convince me to forfeit are you?" He asked.

Damn you Light and your quick wits, "I understand and can agree with that, but why can't you see just how crazy you're becoming? Light you're killing - killed - innocent, good lives that matter. That's not justice or good judgement. I'm concerned."

Light's expression didn't help this matter. His eyes looked evil, not like the beautiful brown ones I saw before that were lightened up. These weren't the eyes of Light Yagami, it was the eyes of Kira.

"Innocent good-lives?" Light asked with a scoff, "They are against us. They don't want a-"

"Light." My voice was sharp and full of venom making him stop talking and stare at me shocked, "Do you even hear yourself when you talk? So what if they don't support our decisions? You can't force our beliefs on anyone else. When you lost your memories of the death note, you were so set on capturing Kira. Not because he murdered criminals, but because he's punished good people. If L did support Kira and stopped trying to find him, would you still kill him? No. Becuase he'd be a supporter, right?"

Light stayed silent. He probably needs to think. I sighed and stood up, ready to leave. If that didn't work I don't know what I'll try next, but O just can't give up on-

"Wha.." I had my back against the wall, being cornered by Light.

I stared at him wondering what he was going to do next. He started leaning in and tried to kiss me. But I stopped him by putting my hand over my mouth. He still continued and kissed my fingers. I wanted to speak but no words would leave my mouth.

Gently, he brushed my hair behind my ear and just stared into my eyes.

"Would you leave me if I continued being Kira?"