FIVE

Dear Diary,

I kind of hinted to grandmother about Danial. I couldn't help thinking about him. Everyday I wonder if I would get to see him again. Every night I dreamt about his face. I wanted to share with someone about what I'm feeling at the moment, but to call Felisha back in New York, it's going to cost a bomb. I knew I should not have trade my laptop for the damn DSLR, now I can't even Skype. But even if I do have my laptop, my grandfather's house has no WIFI. Like seriously?? I can't even do anything here.
My grandparents live in a big bungalow, but their furnitures and stuff were antiques. Uncle Aidil told me they do not want to waste money on new furniture when the old ones were still usable. And I believed they are quite rich, seeing that they can afford to buy a bungalow and have a maid.
Mama had promised to get me a new cellphone number so I can have internet but til now nothing. She's been pestering me to find a job. I don't know what job I should look for. My previous job was waitressing at Per Se restaurant. But waitressing was not something I would like to do for the rest of my life.
I want to bake. I love baking. I want to open up a bakery shop someday. However to do that, I have to learn to bake not just chocolate cakes and make corn puddings, but much more.
I wish Daddy had left us a fortune :(

Love,
S.H.
------
Sofea

"Sofea! Wake up!"

Sofea opened her eyes groggily and yawned as she stretched her arms over her head. Immediately her hands hit the hard wooden headboard. She groaned as she pulled her shirt down, covering her lean stomach. Sofea has been pushing her shirt up till under her bra for the past few days. Even with shorts and the fan at full speed, she was still feeling very warm. She was even thinking of taking her shirt off altogether.

She sat up in her bed with eyes closed and head hung low. Why was she feeling so tired today?

"Sofea!!"

"I'm awake!!"

"Please open the door."

Sofea groaned again and stood up, dragging her two feets to the door. She unlocked the door and swung it open for her mother.

Aida had a frown on her face as she watched Sofea covering her mouth with the back of her hand to yawn. "Sofie darling. Do have any idea what time it is?"

Sofea shrugged as she sat on the bed and dropping her head back on the pillow. "Don't know, don't care."

"Astaghfirullah."

In an instant Sofea opened her eyes in surprise. "What did you just say Mama?"

Aida rolled her eyes at her daughter as she approached Sofea. She slapped Sofea's exposed legs and pulled her hands to get Sofea into the sitting position. "Get up! It's already one in the afternoon. You can't be thinking of lazing around? Get up."

Sofea ears perked up at the time. It's already one? Why does she feel so lazy today?

"Can't I just stay in bed today?"

"Are you sick?" Aida placed her palm up to Sofea's forehead, knitting her perfect brows together. "No fever."

"I'm just not feeling up for anything today Mama. I'm so sleepy."

Aida stood with her hands on her hips, glaring at her stubborn daughter. "What time did you sleep last night?"

"I don't know. Five in the morning I think."

The answer gave a shock to Aida as she changed her standing posture. She folded her arms in front of her chest and demanded, "What were you doing till 5am?"