TWENTY THREE

Dear Diary,

A month has passed since our wedding and we are coming to the end of July.

Danial has started his routine of going to the mosque every night. He wanted to go to his usual mosque but it was quite a distance, so he decided go to a nearer mosque.

There were a few times he asked me along, but I was not ready. Mama and Nenek usually stayed home too so I declined to follow him.

But he always asked if I have prayed Maghrib and Isya' once he reached home. There were times I skipped because I was so tired. Other times I followed Mama pray, because I was unsure of myself.

Despite being so strict on praying, Danial would teased me every chance he can get. Dahlia had warned me about this, and I didn't expect he would tease me all the time!

Nevertheless, I love every moment of it with him! I would never trade for anything else.

Love,

S.H.
---

Sofea

"I think you two should go for a holiday," Kamelia suggested as she put her fork on the plate. She reached for her drink and took a sip of it. "There will be a public holiday on the 9th August. It's our National Day and it happened to fall on a Tuesday. You can take Monday off and start the holiday on a Saturday. So you'll have 4 days of holidays."

It was lunchtime and the two of them decided to go for some swedish food. They had lunch in Fika Cafe which was a walking distance from their workplace.

Kamelia had ordered a Fisherman's pasta while Sofea settled on Grilled chicken with potatoes and vegetables. When their food came, Sofea had gulped and wondered if she can finish the meal as it was quite a huge portion for herself.

"I don't want to burden Danial. If I can afford to pay for the holidays, I don't mind at all. But I can't."

Kamelia rolled her eyes and groaned, "You don't have to spend so much. I'm telling you to go on a short holiday. Just go somewhere near. Like Bintan or Batam. And their rates are so much cheaper."

"Where?"

"You never heard of Bintan or Batam before?"

"Er... No. I came from New York remember?"

Kamelia smiled sheepishly as she quickly took out her phone from her clutch. She began scrolling the phone with a smile. Then she showed it to Sofea.

"It's in Indonesia. I've went to this place before and I love it. If you're the adventurous type, I think you would like it too. There are lots of activities that you can enjoy there like the trampoline and the jetskiing. It's fun and it's affordable."

"It's only $140 per night? That is cheap. And how do we get there? Flight?"

"Nope. By ferry."

Sofea raised her eyebrows at Kamelia. "Serious? I had never been on a ferry before. I have no idea if I'm seasick or not."

"It's time to find out."

Sofea bit her lips as she scrolled through the photos provided by the site. She have to admit the place was beautiful. She had never went to a resort before and she was excited to show this to Danial.

"Send me the link, I'll show to him tonight."

Kamelia smile grew wider. "Consider it done."

----
Danial

When he entered the room, he saw Sofea sprawled on the bed with her phone in one hand and another hand playing with her long brown hair.

"Done with your Isya'?"

Sofea looked away from her phone and eyed Danial. "When did you arrived?"

"Just. You were so engrossed with your phone," Danial responded as he took off his throbe, leaving him in only his long pants.

Sofea gulped at the sight of him and quickly transfered her eyes away. She sat herself up and hold her phone up towards him.

"My colleague was showing me this. I thought you would like to see," Sofea grinned.

Danial stride towards her and took the phone from her hands. He scrolled the phone and chuckled. Sitting next to Sofea, he pushed a strand of hair behind her ears. "So you're showing it to me because.....?"

Sofea blushed and shrugged her shoulders. "Oh I don't know... maybe you would like to go on a short holiday?"

Danial smiled as he placed the phone back in Sofea's hand. "I'll think about it."

Sofea nodded softly and gently put her phone on the dresser. Then she crawled under the blanket and laid on the bed facing towards the wall.

Danial couldn't help laughing at Sofea's reaction. He dived in on the bed as well as he placed a hand on Sofea's shoulder.

"Are you sulking?"

"No," Sofea mumbled, her body still facing the wall.

"Ok. I promise you we'll go for a holiday."

Immediately Sofea sat upright. "Really?"

"Yes. But not the place your friend suggested. We'll go somewhere else."

Sofea hugged Danial as she squeel in delight. "Oh I can't wait!!"

Danial laughed out loud. He pulled Sofea away and whispered, "But now I'm so hungry."

Sofea nodded eagerly, grinning from ear to ear. She jumped from the bed and went straight to the door.

"Where are you going?" Danial asked, frowning.

"Get you some food."

Danial chuckled as he lay back on the headboard, folding his arm showing his toned muscles. "I'm not referring to that."

Sofea paused as her mind registering Danial's words. Immediately her face turned tomato red as she backtracked her footsteps towards the bed.

----
As Danial typed in the computer for the name of the resort he went with his University friends a few years back.

When he found it, he clicked on the dates available and sighed in relief. There were still slots for the dates choosen. He quickly check out after filling in their particulars.

He had already planned for this trip, only that he had planned it for the december holidays since he can get longer holiday period. But since Sofea was all eager to go on a holiday, why not?

When he had settled on the payment, called a friend who worked at the ferry company.

"Hey Chris!"

"Oh hey Danial! It's been a while since I've heard from you," Christopher responded on the other line. "I've heard you gotten hitched?"

"Oh ya. Sorry I didn't invite you. It was kind of a small event," Danial cringed as he explained to Christopher. He had minimized the invitation, so he didn't invite most of his friends.

"It's ok man. I understand. So what can I do for you?"

"About that," Danial sighed in relief at the change of topic. "Can you book me 2 ferry tickets? I'll give you our details."
----

A/N: Hey! Sooooooooo sorry for the very very very late update. Finally get some time to update on this book. I've been wanting to update and stop halfway.

Pray hard that I can have some time to update again. 😂