FOURTEEN

Dear Diary,

It's been a week since I've started work. My colleagues were so nice to me and Raihan have been exceptionally great to me too. Sometimes we went for lunch together and he often came by my desk to give me snacks and chocolates. He was such a sweet man.

Danial have been quiet on me for three days. He said he'll be busy with the mosque event. He told me in a week's time, fasting month will arrive so we might not be able to see each other till Eid. I was unhappy about the news. Nevertheless I told myself to be patient. After Eid, it will be our wedding day.

Oh! We'll be going to choose an outfit tomorrow! I hope everything goes well tomorrow. It's nerve-wrecking. On a positive note, I get to see Danial too!

Love,

S.H.

----

Danial

The moment they stepped into the bridal boutique, the girls were in awed. Sofea was quiet but she looked eager to try on the outfits. Danial still could not believe that he will be a husband soon to this attractive lady.

The salesgirl approached them with a smile, glancing observantly at Danial. Except Danial never look at her, his gaze are only for Sofea.

Farah began her quest in finding the perfect outfit. She told the salesgirl that she wants something simple yet elegant. She advised Sofea to wear a hijab for their wedding later, which Sofea reluctantly agree.

As Danial sat on the lush white sofa, the girls went around the store, pulling out some outfits which they like from the rack. He was beginning to feel bored, and almost fell asleep when his mother nudged him.

"Danial. What do you think of this outfit?"

Danial glanced up to where his mother was standing. Farah held up a pale yellow dress which had a yellow sash with tiny diamonds around the waist. French lace covering the satin top that stopped at the thigh and ruffles continued finishing the mermaid-like skirt. It was beautiful but Danial was not impressed by the dress, maybe it was the color. But what does he know about dress.

"Anything will do. I don't really care about the dress. As long as the wedding goes smoothly."

Farah shrugged and was about to give it to the salesgirl when they hear Dahlia calling her from the dressing room.

Farah quickly went over and her heart stopped. Her smile went wide with triumph. She called the salesgirl and cancelled the yellow dress.

"Get me the one she's wearing," Farah ordered.

-----

Sofea

While she was typing away on her laptop, Raihan stopped by her desk with a cup of mint tea.

"Here have a cup of tea."

Sofea smiled at the offer as she accepted it. "Thank you. You shouldn't have to trouble yourself."

"It's no trouble at all," Raihan replied, shrugging his broad shoulder. "I was thinking if you would like to grab dinner with me? A movie perhaps."

Sofea was sipping on the tea, almost choked on it. She placed the cup on the table and coughed to clear her throat.

"If you're busy, it's ok. Some other day will do."

Sofea shook her head, waving her hand in the air. "It's not that-"

"I understand. I'm your supervisor and it doesn't seem right for us to be dating. But you know, it never hurt to try."

Wide-eyed, Sofea sighed inwardly.

Will it seem harsh if I rejected him? But it's not right to lead him on either.

Danial's words came into her mind. "Do not tell others about our marriage. I rather people know about it after we got married. It's better that way."

Sofea pursed her lips as her ears picked up on Raihan's voice. "Do let me know if you're ready ok."

With that, Raihan walked away and Sofea was left feeling guilty.

"So it seemed like someone's in love with you."

Sofea jumped at the sudden sinister voice coming from behind her. Sofea rolled her eyes and cursed silently.

Busybody.

Of course, in every company, there will always be one person who would interfered in everyone's life.

"How can I help you Miss Chloe Pang?" Sofea greeted unenthuasistically as she turned her chair to face the back cubicle.

Chloe flipped her long highlighted hair over her shoulder and folded her arms over her bosom. She raised her left eyebrow at Sofea and gave a sinister warning, "Don't think that you're new here, you can make everyone fall at your feet. Cause believe me, I won't."

Sofea rolled her eyes again and turned her chair back to her desk. "Oh don't worry. You're not in my list."

Sofea heard a chuckle from the desk opposite her and glanced up to see Kamelia covering her mouth, her eyes wild with amused. She gave a thumbs up to Sofea, grinning from ear to ear.

Sofea could only smile.

-----

Aida

As Aida prepared dinner with Jamila, she heard the doorbell rang. She left the kitchen and quickly opened the door. She was surprised to see her eldest brother and his family at the door. She welcomed them in and went back to the kitchen.

"Jamila do you know anything about my brother's arrival?"

Jamila nodded as she washed the fish in the sink. "Yes. Sir Aidil told me that alot of people will be here tonight. That's why we need to cook alot of food tonight."

Aida just nodded and went on the put some chilli in the frying pan. She wondered why are they here.

Soon Ahmad and his family arrived too. Ahmad was Aida's younger brother and he was seldom around to visit. He has a food and beverage business which makes him consistently busy. So when he arrived, Aida's suspicion was starting to grow.

Hajah Saleha suggested that the children will sit in the living room to eat while the rest will sit by the dining table. Sofea was allowed to sit with the elderly.

When everyone finished their dinner, they gathered in the living room.

"Everyone must be wondering why I called everyone here tonight," Haji Samad took a seat in the sofa and his loud voice boomed across the room. Every eyes set on him as they waited impatiently. "I have an announcement to make."

Aida's heart raced as she anticipated on the news that Haji Samad was going to announce.

"A week after Eid, we'll be having a wedding. It won't be a luxurious wedding but enough to accomodate all of us. I have booked a wedding dinner to be held at Grand Hyatt ballroom. It will only be our family and close friends and relatives. I expect everyone to be present."

Aida glanced across the quiet room and stopped at Sofea. Sofea was pale with surprise, just like herself. Aida was not aware of the arrangement and she disliked it that her father made another wedding decision without her knowledge.

"Who's wedding Atok?" Adam's eldest daughter which happened to be Haji Samad's eldest grandchildren, Lydia asked.

"Your cousin, Danial and Sofea."

"What??" Adam bellowed. Disagreement clearly written on his face.

-----

A/N: Salam everyone. Hope you have a lovely week.

I think Aida's point of view is important too so I decided to include hers. Her POV will reveal some characteristic among her family.

I hope you like it. Enjoy!!