SIX

Dear Diary,

I'm going out with Dahlia this Saturday. I'm feeling a bit scared yet at the same time excited to meet her. I mean she's the sister to the man I had wanted so much to meet. I hope I will not blurt out anything about Danial. But if I do, who knows she will hint something to Danial....
I know, I know... Well, a girl has dreams too you know. And Danial happened to be in mine.
Wish me luck!

Love,
S.H.
------
Danial

Danial watched suspiciously as his sister sang an english song to herself while ironing her clothes. Usually when someone sings a song like her, it means that he/she was in a happy mood. He took a seat on the couch beside Dina who was hooked on a Korean drama on the TV.

When Dahlia was done with the ironing, she picked up the black and white stripe skirt and went in her room, placing them on her tidy bed. She went out again to put back the iron and the board in the store room. She did not realise that she was singing a song until she gazed upon her brother.

Her brother had raised his eyebrows at her and asked, "You're such in a happy mood. Any reason why?"

Dahlia smiled brightly and stood in her position, hesitating on telling him about the day's plan. She was super excited to meet Sofea. Aida had called some time earlier this week to ask her in being the honor of touring her cousin. Dahlia did not had to think much, she just said yes.

"Because I meeting a sweetheart."

Danial immediately stood up, fuming red in the face. "Who is he?"

Dahlia giggled inwardly and decided to play another prank on her brother. Dahlia was full of antics when it comes to her siblings. She just loved teasing and pulling jokes at them.

"No one that you should know."

"Dahlia Binte Ariz! I'm your brother. I have the right to know the whereabouts of my little sisters and with whom."

Dahlia laughed at Danial's outburst. She came up to him and patted his arm. "Abang it's not a he. It's a she."

Danial step back and he clearly went in shock. "Astaghfirullah hal'azim! What do you mean by that? Are you a les....?"

"Nauzubillah (I seek refuge from Allah). Abang, how could you think that way of me? I know what is wrong and what is right."

"I don't understand. You said your sweetheart is a girl."

Dahlia walked backwards slowly towards her room and smiled cheekily at Danial. When she reached the bedroom door, she said, "I didn't say it's my sweetheart. It's yours. I'm going out with Sofea!"

With that, she quickly closed the door and locked it, giggling to herself like a small child hiding from being caught.

Danial's heart skipped a beat. He had been hearing a lot of this name lately. And he couldn't help feeling something about it. This had never happened before when his mother tried to matchmake him with other girls.

"Astaghfirullah hal'azim," Danial whispered. Syaitan was doing this to him, making him feel vulnerable everytime Sofea's name been said.

"What's wrong Abang? You're mumbling to yourself," Dina asked, not looking away from the TV.

"Nothing," Danial responded as he decided to change the topic. "Dina, I'm sorry about the other day. I'm just looking - "

"It's ok Abang. I've spoken to him. He agrees to come over and meet everyone," Dina said, still not looking away from the screen.

"Ok. When?"

"Sometime next week."

Danial nodded. "Alhamdulillah."