THIRTY FIVE - FINAL CHAPTER

Dear Diary,

After 2months and 20days, Shafique finally is home. He is cleared from all tests. And I'm glad he is healthy. Such a strong baby.

Danial has been praying all the time. And in his prayers he will asked God for our baby's wellbeing.

Thank god, Shafique is given the all clear from the doctor.

Initially when he was home, he was having a hard time sleeping. Maybe due to a change of environment. And he had difficulties in latching onto me. He was crying murder the first day home. Lucky for us, we have our family who helps us.

It seemed like he prefer the bottle than latching. I decided to let him because I'll be starting work soon. And I think its for the best.

Being around a baby is different. Everything I do, I have to do it quietly. I'm like a robber at my own home. And now the nights are endless. Every two or three hours, the baby cried for milk. It starting to become a routine for us.

The 1st round, 1-2am, I will attend to Shafique. Then at 5am or so, Danial's turn.

Sometimes I couldn't believe I am a wife and a mother. Sometimes when I decided to take a break from my chores, I would lay down next to Shafique while he is napping and smiled at his presence. The feeling was so fulfilling. My heart is full just by looking at his face.

Danial encouraged me to learn the Quran with his guidance.

I was so embarrassed at first. But now, I'm actually proud of myself. I'm blessed to have such a patient and humble husband.

On top of his work and nightly routine of going to the mosque, he will help me here and there. He never once mentioned of being tired. How could I be so lucky to have him as my husband?

Only God knows, I guess. And come what may - every trial and hardship that he has given and will give to us, everything is in God's hand. InsyaAllah we will endured it with love and patient.

Love,
S.H.
------