shes back

I rushed home with the kids as fast as possible-dodging traffic by taking some backroads and cutting through gas stations. The only thing that was echoing through my head was shes back. the kids and I finally pulledinto our brick driveway. They all ascored themselves out and ran into the kitchen. There Ben sat reading over a couple of documents for work. Marci ran into his arms and he responded by lifting her up into his lap.

Bens POV

Tina and the kids were home from Pa's house a bit earlier than I expected. I was sitting at the table with documents for the next deal my company was about to make when Marci ran to me with a worried look on her face. I lifted her into my lap and wrapped my arms around her as she stared at me with so much fear in her eyes. Her blue eyes usually filled with joy were now filled with fear and I could only wonder why.

"whats wrong cupcake?" I asked her as her eyes started darting around the kitchen-avoiding my eye contact. just like her mother i thought to myself. Marci had more physical resemblances of me but her personality was a clone image of Tinas. When something was terribly wrong, Tina couldn't look me in the eye...and with Marci breaking eye contact with me and not returning it, I knew something must have happened at Pa's.

Marci only responded with her small tanned arms wrapping around my neck and holding a tight grip. "please dont leave us daddy we love you!" she pleaded with rivers making their way down her plump cheeks. My heart instantly dropped I had no Idea what was going on, or why she was saying this.

"cupcake I love you so much I would never leave you-why would you say such a thing?" I asked extremely confused. She lightened her grip around my neck and removed herself from me. She was now looking my straight in the eye and said "I dont want Mimi to take you from me!"

With that one name, rage filled my stomach- I felt like my intestines were being pulled out of me and my heart was bursting with anger. Mimi.....is she seriously going to do this I thought to myself.

"Marci baby go upstairs while daddy and I talk okay?" Tina said pulling me out of my thoughts. Marci hopped out of my lap and ran up the left wing of the house stairs. "daddy?" I asked Tina with a slight smirk across my face. Tina was never into calling me daddy but it slipped out a couple of times. When those words hit my ear from her mouth I instantly became horny-but this was definitely not the time.

She scowled and hit me upside the head. I looked into her eyes and tears were streaming down her face. I arose from the wooden kitchen chair and pulled her small frame into mine. I rested my chin on top of her soft fluffy black hair in which curls were coming from all ways. I always loved the smell of her hair-it was a mix of her Cantu conditioner and her Paul Mitchell. While one of my hands rested around her small waist the other pulled at her natural curls in her big afro. I waited for her to calm down as her small body was beginning to level off with the breathing. Once She was no longer hyperventilating I lead her down the narrow hallway with multiple pictures of our wedding day residing on them. Our bear feet his the hardwood floors until it made contact with the large rug in the living room. She broke the embrace to take a seat on the couch.

Once I sat down I pulled her into my lap and waited for her to speak. "why was she at Pa's house Ben?" she asked extremely concerned. Tina was only afraid of things that could potentially hurt her family and Mimi was definitly more than capable.

Ever since I brought Tina to my parents many many years ago, Mimi has always tried to harm her and the kids. Because of her ways, she wasnt allowed to our wedding-we had gaurds set outside of the museum on the look out for her...ill never forget seing her face to face that day.

It was the perfect fall afternoon that was slowly creeping into a meek night. The sky was becoming a velvet dark blue which complimented the beautiful red brick in which made the museum. The large museum sat peacefully and inside, I was holding her in my arms.

He large golden columns that were a Pilar for the famous museum were decorated with rich orange drapes. While everyone gathered around us the only person I could see was Tina. Her big dark brown eyes met my blue ones as I looked down at her. She was so gorgeous with her long white dress.

I will always love you played in the background and it was our first dance as a married couple. A tear made its way down my cheek and she smiled at me wiping it away. Her small brown hand raked through my hair and she brought me down to her and our lips collided into a sweet kiss.

Everyone around us awed and clapped but all I could see was her. The music stopped and the party resumed. Tina was pulled away from me to take a call.

20 minutes passed by and I started getting worried...everyone she would talk that long to was here on our special day so I went out searching for her. On my way out one of the entrances I ran into Pa who had a distraught look on his face.

"Pa you okay?" I asked him resting my hand on his shoulder. His green eyes met mine and I knew he was going to confess something to me. "I swear some I didn't tell her! I don't know....h-how she found out but she did and n-n-now she's here and..." He kept rambling but without saying who he was talking about.

"Dad.....who...are you talking about?"

"I think your mother has Tina"

With that my heart sank and rage filled my body so quickly I started seeing red. I rushed outside to see where she could possibly be and across the street there she was standing with my excuse of a mother by the metro stairs.

Once she caught sight of me her and a huge man dressed in a suit disappeared and left Tina shaking and her face in a daze. She never told me what my mother said to her but I could tell she tried to get her.

Tina had a couple of fresh scratch marks along her caramel brown arms- once I caught a slight gash on her neck i was ready to fight.

Tinas eyes were no longer full of life but now filled with hurt and uncertainty. I tried to pull her small frame into mine but she flinched and burst into tears. I felt so helpless watching her weep on our wedding night. It was the first attempt of my mother but it wouldn't be the last.

Tina questioned everything between us for a while after but I couldn't blame her. I am so thankful she stayed with me. Without her I don't know what I would have done.