Chapter 9

The next morning I had woken up to an empty bed. I immediately stood up and looked around to see if Camila was anywhere in sight. I frowned my eyes as it looked as if Camila never been here. Was it all a dream?

I slowly climbed out of bed and headed down stairs. I yawned as I reached my kitchen and saw a note typed on the fridge.

We came home later last night and saw you were sleeping so we decided not to bother you. Your father went out early to meet with some friends as I went to the grocery store. Please don't make a mess while I'm gone and be sure to clean up after yourself, I won't be long. --Love you, mom.

I sighed as I put the note down. Gonna have to make breakfast for myself then. As I went to fridge, I wondered if what happened yesterday was all a dream? Or if it was all real? Did my parents see Camila? Or did she leave long ago when I fell asleep?

"I heard them come home so I hid in your bathroom." A voice behind me said, startling me. I whipped around to see Camila still in my oversized t-shirt and sweatpants that were a little too long for her. Damn did she have to look so cute and beautiful all the time?

She chuckled and moved over to the island table. "Thanks." She smirked. My cheeks soon became red as ever. I turned back around and got the eggs out.

"So you read minds now?" I teased trying to get the embarrassment off me, as I got the other things I needed.

"I've always been able to read minds, I just decided I was getting bored of always having to figure out what you're thinking about." She shrugged.

"You wonder what I think about?" I asked while briefly looking at her before turning back around to put the eggs in the pan.

"Sometimes." She shrugged again and played with her fingers.

"Okay..." I said seeing how awkward it was getting. "Well, do you want some eggs?" I offered.

"No I'm good, I don't prefer human food."

"Ahh right vampire, how could I forget?" I playfully hit my head. She let out a small giggled which made my heart flutter. She realized that I was staring at her and she stopped laughing. She cleared her throat and pointing to the eggs.

"Might want to check those eggs." She advised. I turned and saw them almost burning.

"Shit," I cussed at myself and turned the heat off. I sighed before turning toward Camila. "Thanks."

I grabbed a plate and dumped my almost burnt eggs on it before sitting down on the bar stool next to Camila.

"So...." I wheeled around in my chair as I picked at my eggs.

"So...." She mimicked.

"Obviously I have more questions to ask so are you up to answering them?" I asked with a hopeful expression. She sighed and bit her lip.

"Lauren didn't I answer enough yesterday?"

"I know but you didn't answer all of them! I just want answers to a few more. I promise it's not that much." I begged.

"Ugh fine. Finish eating though. You need to eat." She agreed but with the condition that I ate.

"Yes!" I exclaimed as I began shoving down the eggs. I nearly choked but managed to stuff it all down. Camila looked at me digested since I probably had egg all over my mouth and with a mouthful of eggs.

"Done!" I exclaimed with eggs still in my mouth and yanked her to the living room. I basically forced her down and sat next to her. I put one leg under me as I faced her.