Chapter 36

Danielle's PoV:

"This is so amazing!" I grinned, looking to Freya who had her suitcase in her hand, she was almost as excited as I was.

"I know! Which bed do you want? Window, or door?" She asked me, not placing her case down.

"Hmm, I'll have window." I smiled. "Thanks." I added, she looked at me and smiled before putting her suit case on the bed closest to the door.

"It's so cool to have an American friend." She laughed, walking over to me.

"Yeah you don't see many of them in England." I laughed. Beginning to unpack my case in my bedside drawers, I thought it would be an appropriate time to talk about Josh. "How are you and josh?" I smiled.

"Amazing, he's honestly the best guy I've ever been with." She grinned, looking out of the window, almost daydreaming.

"Yeah, he's great. And he's also my best friend so be careful." I winked. She laughed and then looked slightly confused.

"Wait I thought you and Simon were best friends?" Here it comes...

"It's kind of complicated." I started. Do I really want to get into it? No. No I don't. "He's my best friend of course, it's just been different lately. I don't know why."

"Right, I'm sure things will go back to normal soon." She smiled confidently. I nodded my head quickly before getting out a blue bikini and looking up to Freya.

"Anyway, I'm gonna go out to the pool, I can't wait. You coming?" I asked her, whilst getting my phone and earphones.

"Am I?" She scoffed. She grabbed her phone and bikini and went to go change in the bathroom. I made sure the door was closed and I changed in the bedroom. I grabbed a few towels and waited for Freya to return. When she did she was wearing a bikini, plain like mine but green. "Let's go." She linked arms with me and took a towel. I chuckled and we walked downstairs and outside. Freya sat down on a sun bed listening to music as I hesitated in front of the deep end of the pool.

"Having some trouble jumping in?" I heard a whisper beside me and I jumped up. "Jesus Simon, you scared the life out of me." I laughed and pushed him slightly.

"Nice to see you too, nice bikini by the way." He winked and I groaned.

"Shut. Up." I gave him a deaf stare and I covered my self as much as possible with my hands. I hated compliments, and Simon knew this. He chuckled and looked down. He was wearing a black sidemen top and blue swimming shorts. He took his top off and chucked it to the side.

"Let's do this, Jones."

Freya looked at us and laughed. "Jump in and I'll take a picture." She laughed, getting her phone ready. Simon smiled and picked me up bridal style.

"Simon what are you doing?" I started laughing, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Getting ready for the picture." He said simply as if it were obvious. I sighed but smiled as I began to hear the countdown from Freya.

"3..." She started. I looked into the pool again and squealed, it was quite cold.

"2..." Simon whispered looking at me, softly. I smiled    

"1..." I whispered back. At this moment Simon grinned and got ready to jump.

"GO!!!" We all shouted as I screamed and Simon jumped. I grabbed on to him as hard as I could, without even realising and I felt the cool water spill over me and Simon.

I opened my eyes under water and Simon did too. We smiled at each other and Simon let go of me but then grabbed my waist as we rose to the top. When we broke through, I gasped for air and squealed again.