Chapter 6

Danielle's POV:

My heart sank.

It was like nothing that happened before had mattered, none of it. All that mattered to me was that Simon was making out with this girl.

I could only see her from the back but you could still just tell that this girl was an idiot. It was hard to describe her without swearing.

It's the worst feeling. Seeing somebody you really like be with somebody else. It hurts.

********************

Simons POV:

I looked up for a second and saw Danielle standing about 2 metres in front of me and Lucy, with what looked like hurt in her eyes.

Fuck.

I sprang out of Lucy's mouth and stood there speechless.

"I-I'm sorry. I um, didn't mean to interrupt." She said slowly.

Lucy grabbed on to me. What is she doing?!

Then somebody came up behind Danielle, it was josh.

"Danielle! Did you find Si-" he stopped when he saw Lucy clung on to me.

"Sorry, did you want to talk to me, Danielle?" I asked awkwardly.

"No! Don't worry, it's not important..." She trailed off.

Awkward silence...

"Nice job up there by the way, you were amazing." I said smiling.

"Thanks. I'll leave you two to it I guess." She said and ran off.

Josh gave me a stern look and ran after her. What was that look for?

I can't believe that just happened. I'm such a dickhead.

***********************

Danielle's POV:

I ran outside and leaned against the wall. I grunted in annoyance, loudly.

"Danielle?" Josh said.

When he saw me he sighed and helped me up properly. When I got up, he put his arm around me.

"I really like him Josh." I said.

"Shh, I know.." Josh soothed me.

"What am I supposed to do now?" I looked up at him.

"You're gonna have to grin and bare it, i guess." He said sadly.

Grin and bare it, I can try. I'll act like I just don't care.

********************

Simon's POV:

"Can you excuse me for a second?"

"Where are you going?" She asked seriously.

"Just to talk to my friend, Tobi. I'll be 2 minutes." I said quickly.

"Hurry back.." She said seductively as I walked away. When I got round the corner I sprinted over to Tobi who was dancing on the dance floor.

"Tobi, I've fucked up man.." I said worriedly.

"What happened?" He said, concerned.

"Well, this girl came to talk to me earlier and I thought that if i got off with this girl, I'd forget about Danielle, but I was wrong. She walked in on me and Lucy snogging and now I've ruined all of my chances." I panicked.

"Calm down man, we'll sort this out tomorrow. Okay? Just don't worry and don't think about it. Just enjoy yourself."

"O-okay." I said and walked back to Lucy. What the hell am I going to do? Okay, just don't think about it.