Chapter 12

Danielle's POV:

I stood up from the circle and walked into the kitchen. In the background I could fairly hear the laughter of Lucy while I sat down on the kitchen side and put my head in my hands and sighed.

I actually kissed him. I actually kissed someone. Why now? In a stupid game of truth or dare?! At least it was josh, who I actually care about.

I looked up when I heard the noise of the fridge opening and closing to see Simon grabbing himself a diet coke.

"Hey." I said to him awkwardly. What should I say?!

I waited a long time for a non-existent answer. Was he seriously ignoring me?

"What's up with you?" I asked him. "Why do you look so angry?" He looked up at me.

"I dunno Danielle. Maybe because you just had your first kiss, with josh, in truth or dare." He grunted.

"Hey, number 1. At least I care for josh and number 2. Why is it so important for you to get angry over? And number 3. Why can't you accept that josh is my just my best friend." I said annoyed.

He paused for a long time.

"Then what am I?" He said quietly, looking up at me with sad eyes.

As soon as I said that I regretted it. Simon was my best friend. I guess all this time me and Simon haven't been like we normally are and I haven't seen him as that lately. I've just seen him as "the guy I can't have."

"Simon, I-" but I couldn't finish my explanation because Tobi walked in.

"Can I talk to you for a sec Simon?" I guess that's my queue to leave then. I smiled awkwardly at Tobi and walked back into the living room. But before I went out if the room I looked at Simon once more who was watching me leave with a frown. I sighed, and walked back into the circle.

I heard Tobi close the door behind me as I leaned on Josh's shoulder.

"Everything okay?" He whispered to me concerned.

"Not really, I'll explain later." I smiled a sad smile and he nodded.

***********************

Simons POV:

I've mucked up. I've really mucked up. Dammit what have I gotten myself into?!

"What the hell Simon?" Tobi said.

"I don't know what to do man." I sighed.

Tobi paused.

"You really like Danielle, don't you?" He asked me and I nodded.

"When Harry said he had a crush on Danielle before and your head sprang up, I thought you were mad, but you weren't. You were upset. And when josh kissed Danielle, it was the worst I've ever seen you. You had hurt in your eyes, you - you tried to hide it, but you couldn't." He paused once more. "You know out of all the years I've known you Simon, I've never seen you cry."

"Wha-what are you trying to say?" I asked him confused.

"I'm trying to say that, maybe sooner or later, that's gonna change." He said sadly.

*********************

Danielle's POV:

"Danielle are you okay?" Harry asked me worriedly. I need to talk to him later and see what he was talking about earlier and if he still likes me. I have to be sure.

"Yeah I'm fine Harry. Thank you." I said to him smiling softly. He smiled back and looked down at his hands where he was twiddling his thumbs.

"Where the hell is Simon and Tobi?" JJ shouted. I laughed at him and told him they were talking in the kitchen.