The Rich Guy and The Prostitute, Chapter 12: Gods and Monsters

It had been a week since I had gone to dinner with blaze and my mom.

I still hadn't called him or message him to tell him about the apartment.

"Dulce, should we take these?" my mother held a pair of dirt stained sandals and I shook my head.

"we're going to be getting new things, so you don't need those" I murmured and she nodded excited. I knew this would be good, I would finally be with my mother in a good place. I heard a knock on the door and I went stood to get it.

Rafael stood in front
of me, his face blank showing no emotion.

"hey" I said and stepped outside, closing the door behind me.

"you haven't been to work in a week, what's going on?" he grumbled and I gulped. I knew if I told him I would be working for blaze he would be furious, so I lied.

"I'm sorry, i've been looking for another apartment because the landlord is mad we haven't paid" I lied smoothly, no stutters or hesitation.

"wouldn't you have to come to work, in order to get the money" he asked suspiciously and I nodded.

"I'll be back by next Wednesday, for now my mom needs help with moving the stuff" I stated and he nodded.

"make sure you hurry" he muttered and walked away. I went back into the apartment and sighed, he bought every bit of it. I decided to call blaze and tell him we were ready. I quickly dialed his number.

"hello?" he answered and I smiled.

"hey there Mr. Durango, Im ready" I smirked and he chuckled.

"i've been waiting for your call Ms. Gomez, I'll send mike to get the things" his husky voice made me shiver.

"Be ready" he whispered and hung up. I smiled as I put down the phone and looked around the small apartment. We didn't have many things so we were almost done packing. I couldn't wait to move to that new apartment, my mother would finally have a nice and safe place to live in.

"Dulce! what about this shirt?" my mom called out and I looked at her. She held up an old torn up shirt and I frowned.

"mother I told you to throw those away" she rolled her eyes and nodded.

Hopefully things would make a turn for the better now.

After waking 15 minutes, we heard a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I called out eying the door.

"its mike" his deep voice called out and I smiled.

"hey !" I opened the door and greeted him. He smiled and stepped inside.

"Get inside the car and i'll take everything to it" he said and I nodded taking my mothers hand and walking towards the black shiny Yukon.

"Ése hombre es gigante" (that man is giant) my mother muttered and I giggled as I opened the car door.

"mother don't be so blunt" I replied and got into the front seat.

I waited patiently for mike to load all of our things into the car.

After ten minutes of mike going back and forth between the apartment and the car, he finally shut the trunk and made his way to the front. He opened the door and smiled.

"All done Mrs.Gomez, now to your new apartment" He smirked and got into the drivers seat. He checked his rearview mirror and then we sped off.

After an hour long drive, we pulled up to an amazing set of condominiums. I looked at the amazing view as the gates opened.

"This is amazing" my mother gaped and I nodded.
We made our way through a bunch of apartments and finally came to a stop.

"Oh Dios Mio" my mom gasped and looked at the gated apartments, I was also shocked at the luxurious apartments.

"This place is huge" I exclaimed and mike nodded.

"One of the most expensive too, Mr. Durango isn't a cheap guy" he smirked and parked by some of the bigger apartments.

"Yours is the top one" he smiled and gave me the key. I grabbed my moms hand and got out of the car. We hurried up the stairs and up to the door of the apartment.

I put the key inside and turned it, I smiled as I turned the doorknob and opened the door.

This had opened up ton of opportunities for me and It was time to embrace it.