Catch My Breath - Sisters forever (Melissa and Spencer)

May have one about Melissa.
Spencer finds out Ian is abusing Melissa, especially when he's drunk. Against Melissa's advice, Spencer confronts her brother-in-law, and ends up being put in the hospital when he beats her up. Both sisters have to help each other through this time.  Idea by Boris Yeltsin on Fanfiction 

Song is "Catch My Breath" by Kelly Clarkson 

Spencer POV

I was trying to be a normal 16 year old. Being a Hastings was never easy. I knew my parents always expected more. Any test score less then 100 percent, even the 99 percent ones just were not good enough for Mr. and Mrs. Hastings.

I was left home alone for the weekend. Well Melissa was temporally living in the barn and so was her husband Ian Thomas so I wasn't completely alone. Melissa and Ian recently lost their house in a fire and they were staying in the barn until they found a new place to live. That fire took the life of my best friend Alison DiLaurentis. My other friends Hanna Marin, Aria Montgomery, Emily Fields and my self were also in the house when it went up in flames. Melissa and Ian had been away on their honey moon. I had a key to their house so I thought it would be fun if my friends and I had a sleepover that night.

I couldn't sleep and I heard loud noises coming from outside. I threw on a sweater over my tank top and sweat pants so I could see could investigate what was going on outside. I walked out side and noticed one light on in the barn.  It was a light downstairs in the center of the barn guest house loft so it wasn't coming from any of the bedrooms. As I got closer I heard fighting and the sound of something breaking.

I looked inside through a window. I couldn't see much but I knew something bad was happening. I just hope and pray that Melissa doesn't get hurt. Something about tonight doesn't feel right. It wasn't like a usual fight because Melissa was screaming and yelling what sounded like "Don't hurt me or I will call the cops" and "Your drunk Ian".

I walked back into the house and back up to my bedroom. I thought about calling the cops myself. I probably should have called them but I decided not to. Melissa was smart enough to handle this on her own.

I woke up the next morning to the sound of someone in my bathroom. I was scared because I thought it was Ian. Thank god it was Melissa.

"Melissa, what's going on?" I asked

"I hope you don't mind Spence but I need to borrow some of your makeup." Melissa said

"Last night I heard you and Ian fighting. It didn't sound good Melissa." I said

"Don't worry about. I have things under control." Melissa said

"How is putting makeup on to cover up bruises keeping things under control?" I asked

"Ian was stressed from work and drunk last night. He didn't mean for this to happen." Melissa said

"I'm going to talk to him to make sure he never ever does this to you again." I said

"Bad idea Spence. Just stay away from Ian. I don't want to see you get hurt." Melissa said

I waited for Melissa to leave for work. Even though it was Saturday Melissa had to work. She was a working as a nurse at Rosewood community hospital. Melissa was still working towards her nursing degree at U Penn med school so for right now she was only a nurse in training. I decided that I was going to talk to Ian. Ian was a police officer and according to Melissa his schedule was always changing. I didn't know if he would be in the barn or at work. I was walking over to the barn and I noticed Ian's car in the driveway so he was home.