Love, Pray, Heartbreak (Spoby)

Link to view more pictures and a description of Spoby's house in this story 

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/29230-Utley-Rd-Farmington-Hills-MI-48334/24567346_zpid/

Spencer and pills because of stress. 

Spencer going back on drugs as a young adult (25 years old), Engaged/Married to Toby with one kid (3 or 5 years old). Spencer is under a lot of stress with work and taking care of the kid so she turns to drugs.

 Idea by HalebSpoby.

Read, Vote, Comment

Love, Pray, Heartbreak (Spoby)

Toby's POV

It was the beginning of August. Spencer was out of town for a Lawyers conference. It was a big one so she would be home for a few weeks. I was taking care of our daughter Emma Cavanaugh. Her 5th birthday is on August 24. Spencer promised she would be home in time for Emma's birthday but last year she said the same thing and missed it.

It was lunchtime and I was home with Emma. My shift at Rosewood PD didn't start until 3 PM. The one thing I hated about my job is that Spencer and I usually worked opposite schedules. It was good for Emma because one of us would almost always be home with her. If Spencer and I couldn't watch Emma the Emily and Jason would watch her. They run a day care business out of their house. Emily and Jason live together as roommates. They happen to live across the street from the house that Spencer and I just moved into.

Spencer and I now live in a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom house. Our house also had a 2 car attached garage, a big driveway, plus a large front and back yard. We moved into the house a few days before Spencer went out of town. It was our first house together. We lived in the loft from when we were 18 until we were 20 and Spencer had Emma. Then we moved into a two bedroom apartment.

"Can we go to the animal shelter daddy?" Emma asked

"Daddy has to work but maybe Emily or uncle Jason will take you." I said

"You and mommy promised I could get a puppy for my 5th birthday." Emma said

"We just moved into to this house. Your mom and I still have boxes to unpack. We will get a dog by Christmas, I promise Emma." I said

"Daddy, when is mommy going to be home?" Emma asked

"In two weeks so she will be home for your birthday this year." I said

After lunch I helped Emma pack an overnight bag because Emily and Jason said that she could stay the night. With Spencer out of town Emma has been alternating between Emily and Jason's house and her grandparents. 5 years ago my dad wasn't happy to have Emma in his life but now he loves spending time with her.

Around 2 PM I dropped Emma off at Emily and Jason's. I went back home to get ready for work. I put on my police uniform and grabbed my gun. I had it locked in a box on the top self in the closet that Spencer and I share. Spencer never liked the idea of having the gun in the house. I was ok with it as long as it was kept locked and way out of Emma's reach. I went to work and hoped it would be a less stressful shift then the last few.

7 hours later and I was nearing the end of my shift. Unfortunately it had been another busy and stressful shift. I really wanted to see Emma before tomorrow morning so I went home, changed out of my uniform, and then went across the street. I had a key so I let myself in. The house was dark so Emma must be sleeping. I heard a noise and went to investigate.