Teacher (Part 3)

[Teacher]

___________

There was only a week and a half of school left this term and you were finishing up all your assessments and exams. But unfortunately, the teacher's thought it would be a great idea to start the new units and let you research it... over the holidays!

That is a time of peace. Where every student stops to live life and do nothing for weeks. But even they can't have that to themselves can they?

"No! Not today. I refuse." Pushing the work away, you pulled your bag under you and used it as a -an uncomfortable might you add- pillow.

"What?" Mr Tomlinson said and looked down at you.

"My brain is going to burn up into nothing." You fake sobbed and loudly cried as your teacher patted your head; picking up his phone and scrolling on his touch.

How compassionate.

"Can't you do them for me?" You sat up and pushed the papers into his hands. "I swear I'll pay you... nothing."

"(Y/N)." He chuckled as you pouted up at him.

He will admit it was cute. And that he was beginning to see another side of you that he rarely saw in class. And he liked that.

"Sir?" You asked, watching him stare at you in a daze. Was he ok? Did he need a book hit on his head? "Mr Tomlinson!" He snapped out of whatever he was in and blinked at you furiously.

"Louis." He spoke as you raised an eyebrow. "Call me Louis after class."

Your eyes fluttered back from the sudden proposition. Why would he want you to call him by his first name after class? Doesn't first name basis mean friends? It just seems so unprofessional.

But then again, when has he ever been professional?

"Ok," you nodded putting the papers back down, "Louis."

"Mr Tomlinson!" You both heard a shout and looked over to see a peer of yours running towards you both.

It's not that you hated each other; you just weren't close friends. She was more of an acquaintance to you then anything. But she had this nasty habit of wanting to be center of attention all the time. And it annoyed you no end.

Maybe that's why you weren't friends.

"Yes?" She scurried down into the seat on his other side before pulling out a booklet. Oh great, she was going to be here a while.

"I'm having trouble with my book and I need your help." Louis obviously taught another class here. Health and fitness you think it was. But you didn't know. You weren't in that class.

"Oh," Louis glanced at you, "I guess I can help." She shoved her work in front of him and began firing questions.

Well, it was clear that you were done for the day.

Putting everything away into your bag, you slipped out of your seat and snuck out of the library. Oh. And look at that...

It's raining.

Louis was a teacher so it didn't surprise you that other students needed his help. But she hadn't planned a catchup session and that annoyed you.

She was probably one to do work last minute - but you were also. Rolling your eyes, you came to the front gate and held no hesitation to step out into the rain. You obviously weren't getting a lift home today.

Everyday after catch up sessions, Louis would give you a lift home. But it's only been three sessions since you both began.

"Stupid people coming in and stealing away Mr Tomli-Louis' time from me. I need that to pass English." Grumbling away to yourself, you came to the bus stop and looked over the timetable to see that another bus wasn't due for twenty minutes. "Great."

So sitting undercover on the seat, your shivering body waited for the bus.

. . .

Five minutes to go until the bus arrived. Five minutes. Tapping impatiently at your bag, you felt the damp material under your hands.

Wait a minute...

"No, no, no..." you mumbled pulling the bag onto your lap and opening it up. "Shit!" Your papers were soaked. Mostly readable, but one pull and they'd rip. "FUCK!" Today was not your day.

Then a familiar vehicle pulled up in front of the bus stop. And it wasn't the bus.

The side door swung open and you looked up to see Louis ushering you inside. "Get in!" He yelled. Without hesitation, you ran to the car and jumped in, slamming the door shut.

The hot air conditioning had you sigh at the warm feeling taking over your body.

"Why'd you leave?" A towel was thrown at you as you huffed and wrapped it around you. "One second you were there, and the next you weren't."

"You were busy." You shrugged and put your bag under your feet. The heaters down there will hopefully help your papers out a bit.

"Only momentarily." You gave Louis a 'really' look as he sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Ok, ok. Maybe not."

That's exactly what you thought.

"My papers are ruined." You whispered, pulling your face into your hands. "I'm obviously meant to fail this class sir."

"No you weren't."

"Yes I was!" You snapped, the frustration having built up. "I'm not good at anything academic and I never will be!" Louis pulled the car out and gripped the steering wheel; contemplating the words you had just said.

He didn't want a student, his student, to think so lowly of themselves. You had been working to hard and to long for this grade.

"Tell you what," Louis began a new proposition that popped into his mind, "we were interrupted this afternoon. So how about we continue where we left off?"

"I'm not going back to school. Besides,  the gates close at four." Louis chuckled shaking his head.

"I wasn't suggesting we go back to school." Your eyebrow raised.

Where the hell were you going then?