Five: Water Finally

NEUER POV

I changed my shirt because it was all torn apart and grabbed one of the t-shirts we found on apparently "Mario's" suitcase. They were extra small for me but I needed to change my clothes.

"If you don't get back when it's dark what should we do?" Boa asked. I swallowed hard

What should they do? What am I supposed to answer to that? I feel confused.

"Just wait for me, I'll return." I said and sighed.

"Yeah he will." Bastian said to Boa and he nodded.

I walked towards the right part of the jungle. I thank god it was still light of day. My plan is to find the shore, maybe the other part of the plane fell in that area. There were a lot of palm trees, so I am assuming we're probably in aN Island. I shake my thoughts because we're Germans so we're not used to this extremely hot temperature, we probably won't survive in here and we don't know the first thing about survival techniques on desolate islands.

I kept walking for about two hours probably until I heard the sound of the water, that must mean that I am near the shore. I heard a sound through the leaves and I bended over, only to see a bird that got out of its nest. I sighed and walked over the nest but it was empty. Well, I wasn't planning on eating anything that was there neither, so I kept walking.

The sound of the water became more and more clear as I approached, I could even feel the wetness. After fifteen minutes of more walking I found a small waterfall. I smiled. This is what we need in order to survive, water. I walked toward the waterfall and grabbed water between my hands and washed my face with it. It was cold but fresh, I even drank some.

I looked around and saw a tree with dry branches, I grabbed a few of them and tried to mark the way back. I made small X's on the trees so I won't be lost once I bring Boa and Bastian here.

***

It took me less time to get back with the boys. We practically carried Bastian because his leg looks pretty bad.

"Man, I am so happy you found this." He said.

"I was really thirsty." Boa said grabbing water with his hands and drinking.

I grabbed a big leave and tried to maintain water on it to give it to Bastian. He opened his mouth and made a pleasure face once he drank all of it.

"Danke Manu." He whispered and I nodded.

"No problem." I said drinking more myself.

I saw Boa approaching us.

"What do you think that happened with the rest?" He asked concerned. His face was still a bit bloody. I think the dry branches cut him several times.

"I have no idea, I just hope they're all okay." I said.

"Maybe we should rest today-

"No, I should go out and look for someone. I am pretty sure we're not the only ones alive." I said and Boa nodded.

"Are you gonna live me alone?" Bastian asked.

"No man, I am staying with you." Boa said placing his hand on Bastian's shoulder while looking at me. I nodded.

"Yeah. You should stay with him." I said.

"I am hungry." Bastian said and I rolled my eyes.

"We all are. I see if I can find something." I said.

I drank more water and washed my face a bit. The weather is a mess, it's so hot and wet, the kind of heat that sticks on your skin.

"I'll try to get back as soon as I can. I just want to see if I can find the shore." I said and they nodded.

"Be careful." Boa said.

"I will." I answered walking toward the same direction I was exploring a few hours ago.

***

I am trying to be extremely careful with every move I make. I am pretty sure there must be animals in here but I have no idea what kind. I just hope they're all birds, that must be easier. I walked and past a few familiar trees and now that I've been walking for about two hours more, I can't keep wondering if I've been walking on circles.

I shake my head. I hope I am wrong.

Suddenly I feel something moving at least at 7 feet away from me. I stay still and bend a bit with my eyes wide opened. The leaves keep moving and I hear a heavy breathing. The leaves suddenly give a final move and I see a bare back coming out of it, when he turns around I see Shkodran and I sighed.

"Manu?" He asked a bit disorientated, I nodded in response.

"Shkodran!" I exclaimed.

"I can't believe- I hugged him, he hugged me back.

It's so good to see someone familiar and alive.

"I thought we were alone-

"We?" I asked while I saw Schürrle coming out of the same place Mustafi just did.

"André!" I exclaimed.

"Oh mein gott, Manuel!" He said extending his hands to mine. Unlike Shkodran, André had all of his clothes on.

"What the fuck happened?" Mustafi asked.

"What happened to you?" I asked seeing a part of his abs burned, he shook his head.

"I think it was the impact. I got burned." He said looking at his stomach. I swallowed hard. That must hurt. 

"That looks painful." I said and he nodded.

"It is. I couldn't bare the shirt rubbing the wound. He said with a face of pain and I nodded.

"It's so nice to find you. I am happy know that you're alive." André said.

"Not only me. Boa and Bastian are with me as well." I said and they both smiled.

"Man, that's so amazing. I am pretty sure there has to be more of us." Shkodran said and I nodded.

"I think the same." I said.

"Where are they?" André asked limping a step back.

"Are you okay?" I asked and he nodded.

"It's nothing." He said.

"They're back at a place I found. There's a small waterfall- Their faces lit up – Maybe we should go back. We could look for the others tomorrow." I said and they both nodded.

"Anyway is getting dark now." André said.

"We found this." Shkodran said.

"What is that?" I asked.

"It was a bag, maybe one of the flight attendants." He said giving me the purse.

"We checked. There's only make up and a few mints and more stuff, but girly stuff mainly." André said.

I forgot about this. With us there were more people, the pilot, the flight attendants, doctors.

"We need to find them. The doctor was with us and we all need a doctor now." I said and they both nodded.

"Come on. Let's go to back to Boa and Bastian's place." I said and they both followed me.