Twenty one: Betrayal

NEUER POV

We were sat in the camp just finishing eating. Boa and Shkodran had go to take baths. I had no idea where Mats was but maybe he was with them. I finished eating and cleaned up the dishes.

"I am still hungry, I can't believe it." Bastian said. I rolled my eyes.

"Think about other stuff, go to your happy place." André said. "My happy place is the rest of that fruit." He said pointing to the rest of the fruit. André chuckled.

"Sure, over my dead body." He said cleaning his dish. "Don't make it too easy Schürrle. I could knock you down in seconds. You barely weight 10 pounds." He said and I laughed.

It was true probably but right now Bastian couldn't walk so I am not so sure now. I shook my head as I kept laughing. They usually fight a lot but it is distracting and fun to hear. I started wondering when the rest of the boys were coming back.

"I think I heard someone." Bastian said. I looked at André but he shrugged.

"I didn't hear anything-

"I swear! Why don't you go and check André?" Bastian asked, moving on his seat. André looked at me and frowned.

"Why me?" He asked crossing his arms. Bastian looked confused and moved his head aside.

"You're quicker." He said like it was obvious. I looked at Bastian a bit hurt but let it go. André smiled widely and nodded.

"I'll be back right away." He said disappearing through a bush. I moved my hands as I was asking what just happened.

"I needed him gone. I don't like him." Bastian said and I rolled my eyes. "I thought you were over this." I said taking a seat next to Bastian, he shrugged.

"I am kidding. I needed to talk to you... Alone." He emphasized the last word. I frowned in confusion.

"What is it?" I asked, he remained silent and swallowed hard, he got nervous in 0.1 seconds and I knew what this was all about. I stood, angrily and shook my head.

"I told you-

"I heard him." Bastian said, his eyes wide opened and his hands trembling a bit.

"What?" I asked confused.

"I heard him. He was mumbling something while sleeping, he said "I had to do it" Bastian said.

"This is nuts! He had to do what?" I asked crossing my arms. He shrugged.

"I have no idea. But he knows something we don't Manu and I don't believe is a good thing. I think he did something bad... Really bad." He said like it was obvious. I shook my head.

"Really bad? Like how? We all have done bad things." I refuted. He rolled his eyes and pressed his lips in a thin line.

"I am not Einstein but a person who moves a lot while sleeping and mumbles things like "I had to do it" I mean... It tells a lot from that person don't you think?" He said, I shrugged still without understanding.

"He has a remorse. He clearly did something bad and it doesn't let him live. It haunts him on his dreams." He said, I laughed out loud.

"Now you sound like a Disney movie." I said shaking my head while laughing. He remained still, his face was serious.

"I am not joking. He did something bad and I'll find out what it was." He said.

"You're crazy. What are you implying?" I asked a bit annoyed right now. Bastian remained silent for a couple of seconds and then looked down to the floor, he shook his head slowly.