Twenty four: The unfortunate situation

MARCO POV

We woke up the next day and the air smelled fresher than the place we were before. Around us there were mango trees and other fruits I didn't know. I saw Erik walking around the camp with a couple of bags on his hands.

"Good morning." He said, I answered back and stood.

"Need help with that?" I Asked but he shook his head. I noticed that the boys weren't here.

"Where's everyone?" I asked and followed Erik to inside the tree house.

"They found a small river this morning." Erik said with a big wide smile.

"What?" I asked shocked and then he laughed.

"I mean... I always knew it was there, I just gave them the credit." He said pulling the bags down to the floor. He opened them and he pulled out fresh clothes.

"Want some?" He asked handing me a floral sweater.

"What the fuck- I started but his laugh was contagious so I started laughing too.

"Happy birthday." He said standing from the ground and giving me a tight hug. I froze.

"What?" I asked confused.

"May 31th, check your clock." He said raising my hand. I looked down to my clock and effectively it was May 31th.

"Whoa... I forgot it." I said and turned to look at Erik. He was folding the clothes and keeping them on a big suitcase.

"Well, I didn't." He said with a wide smile. I held the floral sweater on my hands and laughed.

"And this is your present?" I asked sarcastically.

"Sorry... That's all I could find that fits you. I hope you like it." He joked and I rolled my eyes.

"Fuck you." I said shaking my head and coming down to the floor. He followed me.

"Want to take a bath?" He asked walking away from me, I followed him.

"Is this thing real?" I asked moving some leaves that were on the way, Erik nodded.

We walked and arrived the river. There were the boys taking baths and they were laughing and joking.

"Eeeh the birthday boy!" Mesut said dancing on the water. I laughed.

"Happy birthday!" Everyone yelled. I couldn't stop smiling.

"Thank you guys." I said walking closer to them.

"Come in, the water is fresh." Toni said nodding. I took off my shirt and my sweatpants and stepped inside. I felt a bit ashamed because Jamie was there and she was the only girl but I still had my underwear. Erik followed me and entered after me.

We all looked at each other awkwardly and then Mesut splashed water towards me. I shield myself with my arms but he soaked me wet. I frowned and splashed water towards him. Soon we all were splashing water in all directions.

"This reminds me of the locker rooms." Erik said, we all laughed and kept playing. For a moment I felt alive and not miserable of being on this island.

We played for a few minutes. Then Jamie said it was time for her to go back to the camp so we could bath in peace. Erik gave us some shower gel and I couldn't believe I was actually cleaning myself. I haven't take a proper bath since I arrived in here, we would bath but only when it rained and without soap.

After a few minutes we stepped outside and dry out with the sun because we didn't have a lot of towels. Most of them were wet because Erik and the doctor washed them this morning. After a few minutes we returned to the camp, we were joking on our way.