Thirty three: A team again

Note: All characters, names, situations are fictitious.

_

MARCO POV

I was going to take a bath before heading out with Neuer and Boa back to their camp when I saw Jamie in the waterfall washing some fruit. She looked at me and got tense immediately, I knew this was the right time to talk.

She started walking faster back to the camp when I called her name she stopped.

"Can we talk?" I asked. She was giving me her back, she nodded without turning around, so I walked surrounding her so I can see her face, she just looked down to the ground.

"What's wrong?" I asked, she remained silent.

"Jamie... You've been acting weird towards me, is there something going on that I don't know? Did I do something?" I asked, she looked at me quickly with her eyes wide opened and shook her head.

"Then what happened? I feel like you get tense every time I am around." I said, she looked nervous while she swallowed hard.

"I-I... - she sighed and finally looked at me – I almost killed you." She said. I frowned and then started laughing. She looked at me in a weird way.

"Stop... This isn't funny." She said waving her hands but I couldn't stop laughing. I felt my insides squirming. I can't believe she thinks this. I leaned down with my hands resting on my knees and looked up to her, she was holding the fruits and looked confused.

"Is it really that?" I asked and she nodded.

"Please... Jamie, that was an accident, you'd never know." I said but she shook her head.

"I could have killed all of you!" She said and I looked at the fruit on her hands and nodded.

"Yet you still managing the fruits." I joked and she rolled her eyes and shook her head in annoyance. I started laughing again.

"I am serious, it's not funny. I am sorry... I am deeply sorry. I am a nurse, do you have any idea how guilty I felt?" She asked. I stopped laughing when I notice she was serious.

"Yeah, sure." I said nodding and clearing my throat.

"I am sorry too. I shouldn't have joked about it. But, believe me... It's fine. I am okay now and I am not mad at you, I never was." I said. She looked down and nodded.

"Please, stop feeling guilty over me, look at me – I said pointing at myself – I am alive and well." I said and she looked up and smiled tenderly.

"Great. You have a pretty smile, it's better if you show it." I said and she nodded.

"Now get out, I have to take a bath, unless you want to see something savage." I joked, she looked at me confused. Suddenly Mesut arrived the scene and passed by us.

"Yeah better go back unless you wanna see the tiniest member on this island, if you know what I mean." He said winking, Jamie started giggling and her cheeks were red now.

"Yeah Jamie... Go back unless you want to be scared for life." I said, Mesut looked at me confused. We saw Jamie disappearing through some bushes.

"You know I was talking about you right?" Mesut added.

"Really? I don't think so... I think you were projecting yourself." I said entering the water, Mesut stood there with his eyes narrowed, analyzing what just happened.

"No, I was talking about you and your dick." He said while entering the water as well, I chuckled.

"Come on Mes...-