Twenty eight: Exile

NEUER POV

"So what happened next?" Bastian asked Kevin and Benni who were now eating breakfast.

"He left us behind- Kevin started

"Yeah, so he doesn't have to carry with us. We depended on him." Benni added.

"He was the one who looked for the food, I was so afraid of everything I could barely walk or sleep." Kevin said.

"I usually tried to help but he didn't let me either." Benni said. Bastian shook his head in awe.

"What a prick." He mumbled.

"I can't believe he left you behind." I said to them. I would never do such a thing, and less with a teammate.

"He did. And he didn't care, he even laughed." Kevin said. They were clearly hurt because of this. No wonder why they didn't wanted to be near Mats.

"Just one more reason to not trust him." Bastian said to me and I nodded.

"I know Bastian. I know who he is and don't worry. He's not going to do anything, I won't let him." I said. He looked at me for a couple of seconds but then nodded.

"I trust you." He said.

I appreciated the trust the guys have put on me. I am some kind of leader to them and I have to act like one.

"I'll check on him." I said standing from the ground. They were on Bastian's tent. Boa and I have put up some kind of tent for him since he can't walk and Ben and Kevin have been there with him.

"Wait, is he alone?" Benni asked.

"No. He's with André and Mustafi." I said and walked away.

I went to the waterfall and saw them washing clothes and I joined them. "Need help?" I asked them and Mustafi chuckled.

"You can't imagine." He said laughing. I looked around and didn't saw Boateng. "Where is Boa?" I asked, he shrugged.

"I haven't seen him since yesterday actually." André said. I immediately look to Mats who was looking at me with a strange look on his face. I looked around again but didn't saw him and then looked back to Mats, he had a grin on his face, I frowned.

"Where is he?" I asked to Mats but the other guys weren't looking at me.

"I said I don't know Manu- I started walking towards Mats who still was grinning.

"I wasn't talking to you." I said to Mustafi, they quickly noticed that I was going to Mats direction and followed me with their eyes.

"Where is he!?" I exclaimed to Mats, once he was the guys were looking at us, he hide the grin and his face went to sarcastic to afraid in 0.5 seconds.

"I- I – I have no idea." He started stammering. I released him and took a step back. He's an actor.

I frowned. I could feel my breathing going heavier. He knows something.

"What did you- I felt my lungs running out of air- Where is he? WHERE IS HE!?" I demanded an answer walking quickly towards him, I pushed him and he fell on the river, I jumped on top of him and grabbed him by the shirt, I felt the guys on my back.

"Manu stop!" André yelled.

"Man you're going to kill him." Mustafi said.

"Where is he? What did you do to him?" I asked as I shook his head. He smiled for a second and then started crying.