Fun Facts about A Mermaid Tale

Hey guys! So, I got bored, and decided to post Fun Facts about my crappy story. Enjoy!

Fun Facts about A Mermaid Tale

-    Originally it was supposed to be one long novel and not a series. I changed my mind because there was no way I could develop the characters and have a good love story in one book.

-     When I had begun writing the story, Taiven had no sisters.

-   I got the idea for A Mermaid Tale when my sister and I were walking to school in the rain. I then spent the rest of the day trying to develop the story in my head.

-  I had to look up weird names on internet to come up with mernames for my characters, but I made the name Tarabelle up on my own.

-   I still can’t figure out how I’m going to end the series.

-  Most of the time I had written the chapters on paper and then I was stuck recopying it onto the computer, which took me forever.

-  The story was supposed to be in French, but I changed my mind because that day my brain was too lazy to care for the complicated French grammar. (I’m French)

-  At first the story was called The Mermaid Tail, but I changed my mind because I thought A Mermaid Tale sounded and looked more majestic when you read it.

-  The day I reached 1000 reads I cried because I was so happy.

-  I hate this story, and I’m always surprised by its success, which really for the life of me, don’t understand why it’s doing so well.

-   I made about 12 different covers before finally settling on this one.

-  Every single member of the cast has at least changed once, except for Allyson Michalka that plays Tara.

-  Dancewriter was the one that did my book trailer for the story and I love her for it.

-  The story only has a little over 50 000 words.

-  I always knew that the second book would be called The Deep, but I didn’t figure out the concept until I actually started writing the story.

-  I find my mermaid picture at Siren Song tumblr

-  Originally the character of Danicio didn’t exist, and I added him in because I thought I could make a love triangle between him, Tara and Taiven. Yeah, that didn’t go so well.

- I tried to come up with last names for the merpeople, but decided against it, because only humans have last names.

-  This story takes place in the exact same world as Walkers, but I need to change certain terms. If check, you’ll see in the beginning of the story, they call the humans Mortalis like the Walkers do, but after that they don’t. It’s because I still haven’t edited that far.

-  I’m not that much of a mermaid fan, I’m more of a vampires and zombies type of a girl, but I still went on with the idea anyway.

-   I have a lot of blond people in my story.

-  At first I toyed with the idea of making Tara human the whole story and having a love story with merman Taiven. But I changed my mind because it was too deja-vu.

-   I did a research on mermaids before I started writing.

-  When someone is being violent in the story it’s either because I’ve been watching too much action movies, or I’m in a bad mood and I need to find a way to let it out.

-  At first I was too lazy to reread my story, which caused a lot of grammar mistakes, and some things that don’t make sense.

-   I redid the ending of the story twice, because I wasn’t satisfied with it.

There, hope you found that interresting. Don't forget, the second Mermaid Tale book is already on my profile, it's called The Deep. And also, check out my story Walkers, it's a work of genious that needs more reads!

Thanks love you all ;)