Chapter 9

Originally Published in 2012

Okay so picture: Xavier Samuel as Ridge. Doesn't he just have look? Oh song: Alyssa Reid's alone again.

Enjoy the chapter!

Chapter 8   

    I really, really, really should have known/ guessed that we wouldn't be able to get back into the castle without someone catching us, and sadly that someone just had to be non other then Prince Taiven. He didn't look as charming and nice like last night when I tried to escape. Now, he looked mad and irritated; so the big question was; who was in more trouble? Breena or me? I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and say me.

"Brother" Breena said to him, as she grabbed my arm and attempted to swim me pass him, trying to act as if everything was perfectly normal.   

            But no luck there; Taiven got a hold of my tail as I swam by, and yanked me back. I will admit, it hurt, like a lot. I let out a small yelp, and the merprince immediately let go, obviously realising what he had just done.

            "Taiven!" Breena snapped, immediately inspecting my tail to see if anything happened to it. When it was obvious that it was okay, she turned her attention back to her brother. "What's wrong with you!?"

            "I do not need to answer to you." He replied to his sister, clearly not caring. "However, you do need to answer to me. Why were you above the castle walls so late?"

            Breena was about to answer, before I cut in. "She followed me." I quickly said. "I went up to walk around and she came to bring me back down before I did anything stupid." I patiently waited for Taiven's reaction.

            I was aware of Breena starring at be, clearly wondering why I stood up for her. The reason was easy; she in a way helped me. Sure, she pretty much just gave me words of wisdom that a eighty-five year old widow could a done; but I guess that coming from a two hundred and something year old mermaid, the advise just made more sense.

            "Tara..." Breena whined.

            "Breena go to your chambers, I will come visit you shortly." Taiven ordered his sister.

            "No, Brother, you need to know that—" His sister tried to say.

            "This is not negotiable." He snapped. "I said go to your chambers, and this is the last I want to hear of it!" 

            His loud tone of voice made me flinch. Usually, when my dad spoke that way to me, it usually meant that he was about to hit me or something; so I that moment I was really scarred that Taiven might actually hit Breena. But of course he didn't. I was just being paranoid.

            Without another word, the princess gave one last angry glare at her brother, before dramatically swimming off; leaving me and Taiven alone. Great, just great; my night was just getting worse and worse by the minute.

            Taiven didn't waste time. "Why did you lie for her?" He asked me emotionless.

            "What are you talking about!?" I bluffed putting on a poker face doing my best to sound convincing. "I didn't lie for—"

            "Oh please" He interrupted me. "I could tell by my sister's reaction that you were lying; what I would like to know is why."