Chapter 15

Originally Published in 2012

New chapter!!! Woop-woop!! Okay, so Song: Because of You by Kelly Clarkson (I give a lot of flash backs in this chapter about Tara and Ridge) / Picture:  Another one of Luke Mitchell shirtless (because why not? haha) Hope I got your attention, now read on! Vote and comment :)

Chapter 15

            I just killed my dad, the realisation hit me like a slap straight to the face. I just murdered my own father! Well, he had after all jumped off a bridge, he was going to kill himself anyway, and I just made things go faster. Right, so technically I did him a favour, right? Right!

            I watched as my father's now lifeless body sink down to the bottom of the ocean into the deep. What was done was done; I couldn't really change that now. I started to feel chocked up and overwhelmed by emotion, so I decided to swim back up so I can calm down and recollect my thoughts; my normal, non-murderous thoughts. I was having such a horrible day.

            "Okay Tara, focus and breathe." I told myself out loud once my head breached the surface, still in my mermaid form. "You'll get through this, just breathe."

            What in the world was I supposed to do now? I can't go back to the castle because there was absolutely no way that I was going to talk, or look at Taiven after shouting that I hated him earlier. And right now, to me Dakaina and Sabian were traitors for even thinking of summoning Taiven to come and get me, and we all know how that turned out. I wasn't allowed going to see Ridge no matter how much I wanted to; I had no one left to turn to. I wanted my brother. I needed my mom.

            After awhile, I dove back under water and continued to swim around for awhile so I could clear my head. I thought of random things like the stray dog that my brother and I had found and kept only a year before our mom's death. It was a black retriever, and to us it was the cutest thing in the world. It was more Ridge's dog than mine because he took care of it more often then I did, I was after all eight at the time and he was twelve. I week after my mom had passed away, our dad "accidentally" ran over our dog with his car. Even at my young age I had been able to tell that it was on purpose, but what I had not been able to tell was that he was drunk. Ridge had been so heart broken for close to a month; I remembered that I was bringing home stray cats in hope to make him feel better.

            "I don't want a stupid cat" He'd mumbled the final time that I had attempted.

            "Why do you want?" My eight year old self then asked him.

            "Mom."

            Maybe he was feeling what I was right now; with no one to turn to. I obviously couldn't have been of much help because I was only eight, dad had started drinking, and my brother was avoiding his friends. I now saw how much of a tough time it had been for him.

            My thoughts then drifted to the night where he ran away. "Tara" My brother had whispered to me trying to get me to wake up. I was twelve and he was sixteen, it was in November and it must have been about one in the morning.

            "What are you doing up? Leave me alone and go to bed." I'd snapped. This was around the time that I was finding my "attitude" as most people called it.

            He'd grabbed my pillow and hit me with it so I wouldn't fall back asleep. Once he was sure I was awake and paying attention he continued talking. "I'm leaving" He said to me. That had been when I noticed the duffel bag that he was carrying on his back. "For good."