Chapter 19

Originally Published in 2012

 I have for you an awesome mermaid picture that I found / Song: Smooth Criminal by the Glee Cast (originaly Michael Jackson), because YOU'VE BEEN STRUCK BY.....A SMOOTH CRIMINAL! Comment and vote :)

Chapter 19

Taiven

            He woke up around two a.m. because of a sudden sick feeling in his stomach; he felt like he might throw up. He immediately sat down on the side of the small bed, untangling himself from Tara—his girlfriend. The thought of it brought a smile to his lips. He looked down at her; her tangled blond hair all over the pillow that they were sharing, slightly drooling. She had wearing a short black silk night gown, which Taiven just wanted to take off of her at this very moment. He wanted to make love to her, again, and again, and again. But he decided to let her sleep, she looked so peaceful and adorable with her drooling and snoring.

            Taiven got off the bed and went to the bathroom across the hall from her room. He was wearing a pair of her brother Ridge's old sweats, they didn't exactly fit well, but they did the job. Once in the bathroom, he splashed water on his face to get rid of some of his sick feelings. It didn't help. What was wrong with him? Merpeople don't get sick! Maybe it was because his body wasn't use to being above water for so long; or maybe it wasn't at all used to what he and Tara had just done. He didn't have any regrets about it though, not even one.

            Because he wasn't very tired anymore, he decided that he might as well head back down to the kingdom. Maybe he could have Adara out of the castle by the time the sun starts coming up. And maybe he could have all of Tara's stuff transferred to his chambers before his father could protest. It sounded like a plan. He then headed back to his girlfriend's room and got dressed in his clothes. When that was done, he then carefully and gently woke her up.

            "Hey" He whispered when her blue eyes fluttered open; he put a hand on her cheek.

            "Hi" She whispered back wrapping her hands around his neck and kissing him gently, making his heart pound at full speed.

            She pulled him back onto the bed so that he was on top of her, his hands on her bang thighs. They had started kissing again, when she finally noticed something. "Why are you dressed?" She didn't look really pleased about it; she actually seemed worried.

            He kissed her gently to assure her. "I need to head back down" He said lips close to hers. "My body is not as used to being away from water so long. Do you wish for me to stay?"

            She sighed and sat up a bit. "No, you should go. I don't want you getting sick because of me." She gently played in his hair. "I'll meet you down later; I wanna sleep."

            "You snore by the way." He told her with a smirk. "Loudly"

            "You're gonna have to get use to it if you plan on sleeping in the same bed as me again." She replied, gently kicking him off the bed and pulling the covers up to her chin.

            "We are only going to sleep in the same bed? Shame, I was thinking about doing more than that." He didn't miss the smile on her face, or the blushing. He bent down and kissed her forehead. "I will see you later." He was going to add I love you, but he knew that Tara would take in the wrong way so decided not to.

            "Mmmhmmm" She answered tiredly, closing her eyes and turning her body against the wall.

            He left the room quietly then, leaving her to sleep. He went down the stairs silently, and was heading for the door when he accidentally stepped on something and heard it break. He cussed in his native tongue and picked up what he broke. It was a picture frame. He was about to throw it bad on the ground along with the other rotting things, but the picture inside caught his eye. There were four people and a dog. He immediately recognised Tara with her blue eyes and long blond hair; she looked happy. Beside her, with an arm wrapped around her shoulders was obviously her older brother Ridge petting the black dogs head, and behind them stood their parents. Taiven didn't pay much attention to her father, because it was the mother that he was focused on, he knew her. She had been a close friend of his mother. Alekah had been diagnosed with merrafell a few decades ago, and unlike his own mother, she had been lucky enough to have been turned human; and that was the last he had ever seen of her. Taiven thought that it was both funny and strange that Tara had ended up being turned into a mermaid, and her mother used to be one.