Chapter 18

Originally Published in 2012

Picture on the side that should give you a clue about what this chapter is going to be about. I've had the picture for awhile and I've been waiting forever to use it! Read on! Just don't forget to vote and comment in the end!

Chapter 18         

            I couldn't help it; I got scarred so I held on to Ridge tighter. But Taiven seemed to have gotten the wrong impression because he stormed out of the restaurant, even though he had barely entered it. Oh come on! I thought. You have got to be kidding me! Can't I ever catch a break?

            "Ridge, I gotta go." I said untangling myself from him, and backing away quickly. "But I'll be back soon, maybe even tomorrow." I didn't stay long enough to hear what else he had to say because I ran out the door, after Taiven.

            Was he going to run off and tell his dad that I was with my brother? That I'd been up here too long? THAT MY HEAD SHOULD BE CHOPPED OFF!

            "Taiven!" I shouted running after him. Damn he was fast. "Taiven will you just stop for two minutes!" I must have sounded really pissed because he did. We only had about half a meter separating us. Uh. Guess I was fast too.

            "Really Tarabelle?" He said to me, I couldn't stop my stomach from twisting when he called me by my actual name. I hated it. "Is this what you do when you are above the water? You play around with silly mortal boys for your own pleasure?"

            "Woah, where the hell did that—oh wait, you think that..ha!" I started laughing, but I quickly stopped when I realised that the look on his face was not amused at all. "Hum" I continued clearing my throat. "That was my brother, Ridge." And here comes the punishment, I silently thought.

            But even I had to admit, things were less awkward than I would have expected it to be. After all, the last time that we had seen each other I had shouted into his face that I hated him.

"Your brother knows about—"

"Yeah, well now he does." I interrupted. "But he won't tell anyone, please believe him, and please don't chop my head off!"

He took a confused look. "What? Why in the world would we chop your head?"

"I thought you guys did that."

"No we do not."

"Oh." Well, that made me feel better.

A moment of silence passed as we both looked at each other. "Do you want to go for a walk?" I asked him after awhile.

He nodded, and that's when I did something very odd and brave of me. I walked up to him, closing the half meter between us, and grabbed his hand. I smile at him, and then we started walking. Oddly enough, this seemed to relax him.

"Am I at least in trouble?" I asked him as we walked.

"You say it as if you would like to be." Taiven pointed out. "Do you want to be in trouble?"

"No, it's just that I did sorta blow up the whole mermaid secret-thing, and it doesn't really feel right for me to go unpunished." I argued, as we turned the corner of the street.

"Tara, you only told your brother; and I shall believe you when you say that he will tell no one." He sighed. "Do you enjoy being up here with him?"