Chapter 2

Orginally Published in 2012

Chapter two is here! I want to say thank you to you all for continuing to read this story, and I hope you like this chapter!

Picture Mermaid / Song: Not Ready to Make Nice by the Dixie Chicks

Chapter 2

I got lucky; I didn't get fired. Rick just said that I could've acted a little better and that the food inspector just thought that everything I said was a joke. Of course, the way Rick had said it to me didn't sound so nice, he had yelled at me, again. That made it number seven. I really was on fire today.

Eventually though, after yet another day of no customers, I finished my last shift and sadly had to go home. Tonight I wasn't locking up the restaurant, so that meant that I had no excuse to hang around and avoid going back to my father. After saying goodbye to Rick and him telling me to go away, I very slowly made my way out the front door and went to go unchain my bike from the fence beside the restaurant. Sadly, it wasn't a motor bike; it was a stupid cheap Hello Kitty bicycle that someone wanted to throw out and that I stole. I didn't know how to drive, and sadly I was sometimes too lazy to walk, so this bike was almost a gift from heaven, even though I hated it.

Once my bike was unchained, I got on and started peddling. I didn't go back home right away, instead I rode around trying to pass the time; it was pretty good exercise. But around midnight I got tired, and finally decided to head back to the house. As I rode into the driveway, I clearly saw that the lights in the living room were still turned on. My dad was either still awake watching TV, or passed out drunk on the couch; either way I needed to be quiet and avoid the living room, which was the Danger Zone. Sometimes I can sneak into the house and be out the next morning before he wakes up and even have breakfast. And some days Dad will just leave me alone even if he knows I'm there. But on most days, things got real ugly.

I grabbed my keys and opened the side door silently and gently. There was a small squeaking, and for a moment I thought that I might just pee in my pants, but my dad stayed on the couch snoring loudly. Oh good, he was sleeping.I sighed in relief. I then opened the door completely and then let it close behind me, sadly it slammed. Not my smartest move. Not my smartest move in the least.

My dad was suddenly awake and on his feet in a flash; he stared at me in the doorway. "Where have you been?" He asked me slowly stepping forward, he sounded drunk, in fact I could smell it in his breath and we weren't even standing that close, yet.

My heart started to beat fast, I was terrified. I'd brought this one on myself though. "I was at work..." I said trying not to show my fear. "I... I, had to stay late because there was a food inspector and I—"

"Shh..." He said putting a finger on my mouth, he had gotten closer. Really close actually. "Just promise me you won't do it again." His other hand started sliding down my butt. Tears started to flow up to my eyes.

I finally woke up; I put my hands on the door knob that was behind me and yanked open the door. I tripped from behind, but got up right away. "What the fuck are you doing!?" My dad yelled after me. He said it like it was a violation of his orders, almost like an actual father would do. "Get back here, you no good at nothing little tramp!"

Was he nuts! Did he really think that I was going to go back and let him sexually harass me?! Only a completely idiot would go 'Okay, lets use my room', so as one might expect, I continued running away. I didn't grab my bike because it didn't really cross my mind. I was running on pure adrenaline and I didn't feel like stopping. I should've known though that my dad wouldn't chase after me for very long. I mean a pig would have out lasted him, and those things are fat. I had absolutely no idea that I had could run for so long.I had decided to head back to the restaurant, and that's a good fifteen minute run. Not only was it incredibly hot outside, but my boots were getting really heavy, wet, and my make up was burning my eyes.