Chapter 3

Orginally Published in 2012

Yay! You're back! Okay, let me make this quick because I know how you hated the ending of the last chapter.

Picture: Tara drowning  Song: Crazy by Simple Plan

Okay, you may read on now and don't forget to vote and comment :) I love reading what you guys have to say about the chapter.

Chapter 3

Naturally, my first reflex was to swim back up; but then I remembered that I was on a suicide mission and stopped. I tried to stay as still as possible as the coldness of the water came rushing down upon me and slowed down my heart beat. I was losing oxygen fast; good, at least it'll be over soon. I decided to think of stuff to keep my mind busy while I slowly died—no way to make that sound good. I wondered that if people would ever find my body; would I be blue like an Avatar? Then I thought of how cool it would be like to be an Avatar.

A few minutes had passed, and oddly enough, my lungs still weren't screaming for air yet; but I was too tired to swim back up. How far down did I sink anyway? Well, I'm not opening my eyes to see. I suddenly felt a movement under me, my first thought was that it might be a fish, and then sadly my second though was that it might possibly be a shark. That's when I realised that I might not have thought this whole suicide thing through very well. I mean, I planned on drowning not being eaten by a shark! Maybe I should just swim up and try again, I thought. But swimming up seemed like too much effort, it seemed too far; it seemed not right, if that even made sense.

Why the hell was I not dead yet! Seriously, my lungs weren't hurting, my ears weren't killing me, but I did feel like I might throw up. Can you throw up while you're under water? I knew the shark, well again I think it's a shark, was still around me, so why isn't it eating me!? Sharks eat people right? Maybe they just don't eat Goth Girls, I supposed. That's when something weird happened, well everything that was going on was already weird; I mean something weirder happened. The shark grabbed my arm, like with a hand. But sharks don't have hands, I least I think they don't. But what was weirder was that when the shark-with-a-hand grabbed me, I could breathe. I was breathing underwater. The thing kept on holding on to me as it swam, and I came to the conclusion that the shark was God, swimming me off to hell. I will accept my faith like a big girl, just as long as it gets me out of the water pretty soon.

I finally decided to open my eyes though, because this was all too much. I wasn't dead and I was breathing, this was way, way over the weird scale. Slowly I opened them, surprisingly the salt didn't burn my eyes, and it was again; weird. I looked in front of me and saw a huge fish tale, with an odd green-yellow color to it, not to mention things that looked like scars on it. I then looked down at my arm where the thing's hand was holding me. Oh God! I thought. I immediately started pulling and fighting my way out of the creature's hold. I couldn't even bring myself to think the name. The half-fish turned around when it realised that was I trying to get away, I stopped immediately when I saw its face. It was a girl, maybe fifteen years old. She had bright long blond hair that almost seemed fake as it floated underwater; it had lots of green high lights. The girl's big round eyes were deep sea green, it almost looked like glass. She had high cheek bones, small freckles, and pointy nose with thin lips. When I decided to look away from the creature, pain suddenly struck through my entire body. The pain I was supposed to feel when I was supposed drowning. My body felt cold, and I couldn't breathe anymore. My eyes felt like they were going to explode, and my heart was beating rapidly. My legs felt like jello and I think my eardrums popped. I screamed, really screamed, and it sounded just as it would if I were above the water. I continued screaming because I supposed that it helped with the pain. I kept my eyes open and saw the girl staring at me, smiling. The son of a bitch though I was fun to look at! I made a promise to myself that if the pain ever stopped; I would kick her ass—tail-thing; whatever!

Eventually my upper body pain stopped and it was just my legs that were killing me. It was like they were being pulled out. I closed my eyes and whished with all of my heart that it would just stop, and with a sudden blinding light, it did.

I was completely scarred and confused as I opened my eyes. What the hell just happened? It took me a while to realize that I was breathing again, and that I was able to see perfectly in the water. In fact, I don't think I ever saw so clearly in my life; and I usually had perfect vision.

I looked around me, and my gaze fell on the girl, she was still smiling. "What the hell are you looking at?" I finally snapped.

My voice sounded weird; more full and melodic. "You" The girl responded, eyes sparkling.

I narrowed my eyes at her. She wasn't really staring at me anymore; she was looking at something that seemed to be under me. I then followed her gaze and decided to look down. Right then, I almost had a heart attack. Where my legs and feet should've been, was a purple-dark blue mermaid tail.

I passed out.

Next chapter! GOGOGO!

- NocteLamia101

Enjoying this story? Check out NocteLamia101's profile and consult her other amazing stories such as the Walkers Saga and The Way to Neverland: A Peter Pan Story!