Chapter 17

Originally Published in 2012

I'M A BARBIE GIRL IN A BARBIE WORLD LIFE IN PLASTIC IS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 17

Taiven

            "Where is Tara?" He asked Sabian as he got back into the cottage after sitting outside for way to long. Hopefully she had calm down a little in the bathroom.

            "I had thought that she went to go see you outside when she had stormed out earlier." Sabian answered, looking past Taiven as if she would magically appear at his words. She didn't. "Well then majesty, I suppose that she is left."

            "She didn't even say goodbye!" Margot whined to whoever would listen to her.

             "Wait, so she is gone?" Taiven recapped.

            "Sire, if she is not outside, than she must be." Sabian avoided looking at him; as he should. Taiven was a prince after all.

            He sighed and went to sit down on a couch in the living room. Taiven rubbed his eyes; he hadn't got much sleep in awhile. "What am I going to do with her?" He wondered out loud to himself, which Margot didn't seem to understand.

            "You could marry her." The little girl responded to his non-directed question. "Then you can both live happily ever after in your underwater castle!" She sounded rather cheery.

            "Shh, Margot why don't you go upstairs and play with your dolls?" Sabian told his daughter.

            "Will you come play with me Daddy?" Margot asked her dad.

            "Well, hum, no sweet heart Daddy's busy."

            "I'll go." Taiven cut in getting up from the couch. "It might keep my mind occupied and away from my many thoughts."

            "If that is what you want majesty" Sabian answered.

            Taiven didn't miss the amusement in his old friend's voice; but even Taiven thoughts of it as funny. He was a prince, and he was about to play dolls with a six year old. That was not something that happened everyday.

            Margot let out a shriek of delight, as she jumped off her chair in the dining room, and ran across the floor to grab Taiven's arm and drag him all the way upstairs to her toy room. And there were a lot of toys, way, way, way too may by Taiven's taste but clearly not by Margot's. She raced across her play room and hurried to grab a large green box and dump it on the floor; and out came the Barbies. And again, there were too many of those too.

            "I get first pick!" Margot called out, grabbing a tone of dolls for herself.

            When she was grabbing her eighth doll, she looked at it and considered it before handing it over to Taiven. "You can have her." She said to him. "She looks like Tara, see, she has purple in her hair too."

            Taiven looked at it. The purple in the hair way too dark, full and thick to even be close to resemble Tara's small perfect streaks. And that plastic fake smile on the Barbie's face just made Taiven want to throw it across the room. No. This Barbie did not resemble Tara, not one bit.

            "What is it you think of Tara?" He asked Margot, as the little girl carefully started brushing each of her Barbie's hair with a small plastic brush.