Chapter 5- A Vistation

The day after Hermione and Lavender talked, Hermione went to Diagon Alley to buy all of the things she needed for the school year. She knew she was cutting it rather short (it was the day before the term started) but considering what was going on in her life, they'd have to forgive her if she forgot a few books or two. Right? Hermione dismissed this thought as she walked into the alley. People were bustling in and out of shops as expected. They were of course, buying last minute purchases as she was. Hermione stopped looking at the scenery and got to work. She had been sent the list of what she needed a few days ago, so she bought some of the bits and bobs on the list. Once she had gotten most things, she found herself at Flourish and Blotts, her favourite store.

As Hermione entered, the doorbell went off and she and the shop owner exchanged friendly glances. Hermione knew where most things in this store were. She was here a lot in her free time. She checked everything off her list as she went on. The last thing on her list was her new Defence Against the Dark Arts books. As she entered the area where that particular book belonged, she saw a certain blonde haired, stormy eyed man and she nearly dropped her books in surprise. Hermione went to turn around but it was too late. Draco Malfoy had seen her.

"Granger. What a lovely surprise." He said sarcastically as he smiled his signature smirk. She was surprised to see him here. Hermione had not laid eyes on him since... the war. She swallowed hard at the thought of it.

"Malfoy." She quietly responded and went to business collecting the last couple of books she needed.

There was a few moments of silence where she stared at the bookshelves looking frantically and Malfoy bored his eyes into the back of her head. She wasn't looking at him, but she had a feeling he was on the verge of laughing. Hermione finally saw what book she needed and went to grab it. She wanted- scratch that, needed, to get out of here.

"So Granger," he said, leaning to block where she was about to pick up the book. "You going back to Hogwarts too?" She sighed in annoyance.

"Yes of course Malfoy, do you really think I would be buying books if I wasn't going to back to school?" She nearly shouted. He chuckled as they both knew that yes, she probably would be.

"Never mind that Granger, but while you're here, I might as well tell you something." He said, forcing back a laugh.

Hermione was intrigued. Normally, most of her interactions with Malfoy didn't get past as much as "ferret" and "mudblood." She looked at him and tried her best to seem impatient.

"Things are going to be shaken up at Hogwarts. If I were you I'd watch out, Hermione." He finally said and quickly walked out of the bookstore.

She was baffled by what he had said. She watched him walk swiftly out of the store before stopping just in the doorway to say one last thing.

"I've changed Hermione. I might have a chance now." With that, he finally walked out of the bookstore, leaving her more confused than she had ever been in her whole life.

Hermione quickly walked to the desk and purchased her items before leaving Diagon Alley. Something was wrong and she needed to figure it out what.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A/N

Hi guys! I'm on holidays right now but i am scrounging off someone else's wifi so i have to post this quickly. I didn't have time to do a thorough edit so comment if there's any mistakes. Thank you so much for your support! Drop a like or a comment! Love you guys!!

-ash