Chapter 9- Bothersome Introductions

As Hermione arose from her bed, she glanced over at the past Slytherin who thankfully was still fast asleep. She swiped up her robes and changed into them in the bathroom. Hermione was even now adjusting to the fact she had to be more careful about getting changed. Especially with Malfoy hanging around.

She looked at herself in the Ravenclaw uniform in the mirror and nearly burst into tears. It wasn't that Hermione didn't look good in her uniform, which she did, but the fact that she was now separated from what she had known the past seven years. She was going to need to get over it. She exited bathroom and skulked down the stairs to the Great Hall.

Hermione sat down at the Ravenclaw table by herself at the deserted end of the table where barely anyone was sitting. She sullenly forked a few pancakes onto her plate and began eating them slowly. This is not what I expected being back at school to feel like, she thought. But then Hermione remembered that class hadn't even started yet, and inwardly groaned.

A flash of red sat next to her and Hermione immediately knew who it was. She sighed in respite.

"What the hell Hermione?!" Her friend shouted. Ginny obviously didn't care that most of Hermione's house was staring at her looking very bothered by her presence.

Hermione turned to pointedly stare at her. "Like I actually asked to be put in here!"

"You could've asked to be put back in Griffindor!" Ginny shouted.

Now it was Hermione's turn to be defensive.

"I wanted an honest answer." She harrumphed, crossing her arms.

Ginny sighed in exasperation. "We need you Hermione! It's bad enough that Ron is in Hufflepuff."

"Well he's got Neville!" Hermione shouted, angered by the mention of her friend's brother.

"Argh!" Ginny shouted in exasperation and stomped away, sitting back at her table.

Good job Hermione, she thought. You've lost your friend by being bigheaded. Congrats.

Hermione had at last finished her breakfast and she reached to wash it down with pumpkin juice. She still had the rest of the day to go, including classes. It was going to be smooth sailing for the rest of the day.

~

It was not going to be smooth sailing for the rest of the day. That was definite. Hermione was sitting in potions class listening to Professor Slughorn drone on about some potion and sitting next to none other than Draco and his pug-faced girlfriend Pansy, who were snogging like there was no tomorrow and ignoring the lesson. Normally, Hermione would be delighted at the aspect of learning a new potion. But it was hard to listen to the properties of dragon's blood when it was being blocked out by the moans and smooches of a make-out session.

She sighed and attempted to put all of her focus into the lecture. She caught some words. Soon, she caved in and zoned out of the lesson. Hermione pulled out a small piece of parchment and wrote what she did catch of the lecture and then proceeded to draw an intricate pattern on the edge of the paper until class was over.

"Did you enjoy the show Granger?" A boyish voice said from behind her.

Hermione struggled to not whisk herself around and pop Malfoy in the nose like she did in fifth year and succeeded. She increased her pace to get away from them.

"I never knew she liked to watch." His girl laughed.

"Must be a muggle thing" He joked.

"Mudblood." Pansy snarled.

They were following her. Hermione saw red and spun around.

"Lay off!" Hermione shouted. "Invade someone else's privacy!"

Pansy was enraged and lunged forward to grab Hermione, but Draco held her back.

"Filthy Mudblood!" Pansy spat. "You have no right to speak to me like that!"

"Now, now Pansy," Malfoy said, holding up his free hand as a sign of surrender. "No need to act like a heathen."

Malfoy now turned to Hermione with a smile, which startled both of the girls. He was strangely calm.

"I was just heading to the dorms with Pansy." He said.

Hermione blushed. "Oh." She muttered.

Pansy laughed, now back to normal, therefore released from Draco's grip.

"It's best you don't come Granger," Pansy snarled. "Unless you insist!"

Hermione ran off in the direction of the library. There was no way she was going to be present for whatever was going on between the two previous Slytherins.

~

Draco walked down corridor with Pansy, he couldn't help but feel a little excited about what was to come. On the outside, he played it cool. He wasn't a virgin or anything. But what the guys don't say is that the nervous feeling you have before you go off with a girl doesn't go away once you've done it before. At least not for him. Draco wasn't fond of Pansy or anything, because someone else was holding that spot. But she had a bad mouth on her and she helped him forget things.

He wasn't really going to go all the way with her today. Draco was in a good mood and didn't need to spoil that. As soon as his Dad was shipped off to Azkaban he immediately relaxed. He didn't have to live up to expectation. His mother was protective of him and remained adamant throughout all the trials that he was innocent. She helped him through the time after the war. She was his rock.

"Draco?" Pansy was pushing the hair out of his forehead. "Are you ready?"

Draco was pulled out of his trance.

"Oh sorry," He said suddenly. "I didn't expect us to be here so quickly."

"You look a little pale Draco," She purred. "Are you feeling alright? Nervous?"

Draco took this as a sign and played along. Thinking about his past really made him get out of the mood.

"Now that you said that, I am feeling a little sick." He coughed to make it believable.

Suddenly Pansy pushed him up against the door. He whispered the password as her lips crashed into his.

"I can make you feel better honey." Pansy said through the kiss.

Before he knew it, they were sitting on the couch of the common room, his shirt off, her sitting on his lap with her skirt riding up, making out. Now it was going to be harder to resist her. Literally harder. Draco thought of reasons to stop. Granger? No. Other students? No. They were all in class. Class!

He pushed her off him and she gave him a quizzical look before settling into a smile.

"I get it," She whispered. "You want to take this to somewhere more... private."

"No Pansy," He said, pushing her completely off his lap. "I need to get to class. I got to get better grades this year."

"But Draco," She pouted. "You're already the second smartest in our year. Do you really think you can get any smarter?"

"Please stay with me baby." Pansy crooned, pulling him towards her.

"No." He sighed and put his shirt and tie back on.

Draco proceeded to walk out of the common room, leaving a confused Pansy all alone in the common room. He didn't want to get invested in Pansy. Draco was saving himself for someone else.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A/N

bad weather!! quick word from me as i am using someone's else's wifi! i haven't had much time to edit so tell me if there's any mistakes! hope u enjoyed the first draco pov chapter! every comment and vote means so much to me so thanks guys! also thanks for 200 reads! wow!!

much love,

ash