Chapter 20- A Wicked Composition

A/N

Hey guys! Before you start the chapter, the video above is for a part of the story, but it also suits the chapter well, so if you like play it now, or I will prompt you later!

and so we begin!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Draco arose from his bed carefully, separating himself from the mass of gangly limbs. He had a headache. What had happened last night? He sat on the side of the bed and analysed the facts. He woke up in a bed with Hermione. He has a really crappy headache. Hermione was half naked. Oh god. But then he remembered what happened last night. He had held a girl as she cried herself to sleep. The fire burned again behind his eyes. He was careful to be still as to not wake Hermione in his rage. His mind suddenly was very clear. He knew what he had to do.

He stood from the bed and walked to his wardrobe. Draco carefully dressed in casual clothes. It was Saturday, a weekend. A weekend meant no classes. No classes meant that scumbag should have some free time. No classes meant that scumbag was about to get what he deserved. He replaced the muggle cell phone on the night stand.

He brushed a small piece of hair from Hermione' face, cast a quick muffliato and pulled the covers tight around her.

"Dream sweet dreams, Granger."

Draco pushed open the door of the dorm and swaggered out, attempting to display his normal suavity, but his mood was muffled by his thoughts. It was bucketing down, and the lush green grounds of the magical school were now dark and gloomy. As to Draco's poor performance, no-one noticed, except for Luna. Many students had decided to spend their day inside the common room, reading or playing wizard chess or just chatting. He envied their carelessness. They could laugh and enjoy a day inside with their friends, warm and cosied up to the fire. If only things were still that easy.

A/N

start the music now!

He dismissed his depressive thoughts and charged through the doors but lost momentum quickly as he was suddenly left alone in the corridor. Some paintings were chatting, and far off it sounded like music was playing. He decided to go with his gut and follow the sound.

As Draco stood on the staircase it swivelled closer to the sound of the music, as if the enchanted thing new exactly what he was thinking. He was curious. He listened closer and heard it was the tinkling of the soft grand piano that was playing. It was sorrowful and gentle, reflecting similar feelings to was feeling. He walked behind the notes, each chime leading him down another set of stairs. The music was beautiful, but he couldn't help feel that it had a sinister sentiment behind it.

Goosebumps danced along his arms as he approached a great wooden door. Yes, the music was coming from here. He pushed open the door carefully, to see exactly who he was expecting. The soothing music was juxtaposed against his rampant anger. The teacher was unperturbed by the events that had occurred last night. It was likely he had forgotten about it already. He played the piano effortlessly, freely. Without a care in the world. The music slowed and Mr Cheriah turned and smiled at Draco. It was obvious he had known Draco had been standing there for the past five minutes.

The blond's breath caught in his throat. He snapped out of it. He had to act like had no idea what had gone on last night. His heart and mind said so and he agreed with them. A firm order of his organs. This teacher was no push-over. He could not confront him on this and obtain a successful result. He and Hermione had no choice now but to go straight to McGonagall and hope for the best.

"Hello, Mr Malfoy. What a surprise to see you here." His voice was almost amused, his posture very casual.

"Oh sir, I'm very sorry. I just heard that wonderful music you were playing and just had to follow it." Draco glanced down at his shoes, attempting to look like a shy student.

"It's Moonlight Sonata. Quite a haunting piece, don't you think?" There was an evil glance in Cheriah's eye.

"Yes indeed Professor." Draco turned away quickly, his eyes veiled by red. "Well, I best be going."

"Good luck, Mr Malfoy."

Draco froze, but came back to earth quickly and exited the room faster than you could say fucking-dickhead-teacher.

A parting goodbye, with intentions malevolent enough to make a shiver run up his spine. He was not afraid, but Draco now knew this teacher was not messing around. Jesse Cheriah knew exactly why he had come. And exactly why he had left.

~

As Hermione brushed her hair at the basin, Draco burst into the room. She calmly put down the brush and turned to give him a pointed look, but not before admiring her now beautifully soft hair. What on earth is he up to now? A wave of serenity had flooded over her this morning when she had woken up, and had remained with her for the rest of the day so far, even if that was not long. It was like an angel was watching over her. Draco's face was flushed and he was breathing heavily as braced himself against the doorway. She was reminded of a young Draco, the one who used to fly around on his broom until he got dizzy. It put the almost too real memory in her head of how cruel he was to her, but she pushed that aside. That was all in the past. Now both of the Ravenclaws were suffering through life together.

In an abrupt movement, he pulled her into his arms, taking the breath out of her. It took a few seconds for her brain to reset, but she instantly hugged him back once she was able. They rocked side to side like they were slow dancing, her face resting on his chest. Something was on his mind and she knew it.

"Draco, what's wrong?" She whispered as he shivered violently against her.

Hermione was not bothered by his lack of response; she had asked as a mere formality. She simply wanted to be there for him. She hugged him tight and stroked his hair softly.

He stopped shaking all of a sudden, moving away from her. His face was hard, ashen. His mindset had changed.

"Get dressed. We're going to McGonagall. Now."

He drew himself from her arms with this and walked behind her, deftly grabbing her shoulders and directing her towards her dresser. Hermione thought he was angry, but as she turned to glance at his face he sent her a warm smile and relief flooded through her veins.

He stepped away from her and stood by, watching her retrieve her clothes from the dresser.

A few moments later, she emerged from the bathroom with her hair pulled back with two barrettes and in a tasselled jumper and jeans. Personally, she thought she looked very cute. But Draco did not notice. He had calmed down a little bit, but was still pacing around the room.

"Will you quit it? I think you're going to make a hole in the carpet." Hermione laughed, hands on hips, feigning anger.

"Definitely." He chuckled in response, taking her hand and leading her out of the dorm, into the common room and out into the hallway.

"We can do this."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

HAPPY 20TH CHAPTER!! So what'd you guys think of this chapter? Let me know what you think. The story is probably going to pick up from here, so get excited!

comment, vote, or do nothing! still love you!

love you guys,

ash