Chapter 7- An Altercation

Finally, she reached the carriage door. First Aid Carriage. It said. Enter at own risk. The last comment made her nervous, but regardless, she entered the room and looked around. A quaint set up, small curtained areas, with beds and tables bolted to the floor to ensure comfort. There was a prefect standing on duty for Madam Pomfrey. As Hermione came closer, she noticed it was Cho.

"Hey Hermione!" She said as cheerfully as you could in an infirmary without waking anyone up.

"Hey Cho. I was wondering if Ginny or Harry or Ron was here." She asked cautiously.

Cho looked down at her roster and flipped some pages on her clipboard. It suddenly occurred to Hermione that when she last was on this very train, this carriage did not exist.

"So how did this carriage come about?" Hermione casually asked. Cho looked up from her searching.

"It was set up the year when the war began." Cho reluctantly answered. "All of the punishments and curses being practiced on people took its toll on people's health."

"Makes sense." Hermione said, trying not to bring up any memories of that year.

Finally Cho flipped a few pages and looked relieved. This conversation was getting very difficult.

"Alright Hermione. Ron is here in one of the rooms. I just need to check if Madam Pomfrey is allowing visitors." She finally said, walking towards one of the cubicles and knocking on a post before entering.

Hermione waited and wondered what was wrong with Ron. Hopefully he was alright. He may have cheated on her, but he was still her friend. Just not your fiancé, she thought.

Cho finally emerged from the curtain with Madam Pomfrey right behind her. The nurse nodded at Hermione, signalling that she could enter.

As Hermione pushed open the screen, she sighed in relief at the fact everyone was here. But she was shocked when she saw Ron wincing in pain with his leg in a brace.

She rushed to his side and took one of his hands. Hermione's girlfriend instincts kicked in, regardless to her current relationship status.

"Ron!" She said, pushing the hair out his face. "Are you alright?"

He struggled to push himself up to look into her face, but failed miserably and slouched back into his previous position.

It was only then Hermione noticed Ginny and Harry. Ginny was clasping onto his right hand with tears in her eyes and Harry had his arm around her shoulder, comforting her. In truth, Harry had his own concerned look in his eyes as he glanced upon his best friend, but only someone who knew him well and was really trying could see that.

"I'm fine guys, really." Ron managed to get out before collapsing down to his bed once more.

As if Madam Pomfrey could sense his discomfort she stormed into the makeshift room.

"Visiting time is over." She said quietly. "Ron needs his rest. You may see him again at the infirmary once we arrive at school."

The nurse ushered them out of them room and Hermione smiled at Cho as she left the carriage. As soon as they left the place, Ginny burst into tears and Harry pulled her into his arms. Hermione slowly trailed behind the distraught couple the whole walk to their carriage. Thankfully, no one had taken it. As the group settled into the carriage, Hermione noticed a small note tacked to Crookshanks' cage. She opened it at once. It read: I made sure no-one would take your seat, you can thank me later. –D

Hermione was taken aback at the fact that Draco would do that for her, but said nothing of it because of the situation and put the note in her pocket. She stared out the window for a while as Harry continued to try to settle Ginny down. But soon, Hermione was desperate to know what happened to Ron.

Hermione cleared her throat loudly, causing Ginny and Harry to turn to her.

"I hate to bring up painful memories but-" She began.

"You want to know what happened, right?" Ginny said, to Hermione's surprise. Hermione nodded.

"This is what Ron told me happened..."

Many hours before:

Ron watched Hermione run through the barrier with glee. Harry squeezed his sister's shoulder and they both stepped aside to let Ron go next. He checked to see if his luggage was on alright and without any more hesitation, ran through the barrier.

Just as he entered the new platform he was roughly pulled aside, forcing him to let go of his bags. As soon as he stopped getting towed along, he was shoved to the ground. He was confused as to where he was but as he tried to sit up and look, he was kicked in the ribs and blindfolded. He moaned in pain and kicked in the direction he thought the kick came from.

"Pathetic." The mystery somebody snickered. The other one joined in, their menacing laughter sending shivers up his spine.

Ron was about to get up, when one of the people grabbed his arm and twisted it at an impossible angle. His struggled to get away, but the other person was holding him down.

"Let me go!" He yelled. Before he could yell for help a napkin was stuffed into his mouth.

Finally, the one who was holding him down leant close to whisper in his ear.

"Not so tough now are you? I have no idea how that you managed to stop the most powerful wizard ever."

Suddenly, Ron's leg made a terrible cracking noise and a sting of intense pain shot up it. He screamed into the napkin, tears leaking from his eyes.

Suddenly, he was lifted into the air by their strong arms. They were walking. Suddenly they stopped and he was thrown, must've been through the barrier. But right as he went through, he heard one of them say "Good job Blaise."

Present Time

"We were just about to cross onto the platform as Ron was thrown out our feet." Harry finished for her.

"We put him on his luggage and wheeled him to the infirmary right away." Ginny said.

Hermione was shocked. She couldn't believe that someone would do that.

"Poor Ron." She said. Harry reached over and pulled them both into a hug.

"This year is probably going to be a lot more eventful than I thought." Harry laughed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Noo! Ron! Did you guys like this chapter? Thanks so much for all the reads and votes! Feel free to vote and comment. Also, a question- would you guys like to see Draco POV chapters in the future?

-ash