Chapter 34- Rapid Completion

There he went. Limp, he fell to the ground. A fallen tree. Eyes wide open. Dead. Ron Weasley was... dead. And there the killer stood, wand out, fury in his glance. He killed him. He didn't deserve it. Draco looked down to see the man's body. His hair was mussed, his tie undone. He was a man unprepared. And he died for the only woman he ever loved. As much as Draco hated to say it, he would miss him and would be in his debt forever. Ron Weasley was dead. And the murderer stood there, as Draco stared and stared into his vacant eyes. Jesse Cheriah smiled.

"You monster!" Draco shouted, eyes blinded by sudden tears, lurching forward.

"I wouldn't do that," Jesse warned, holding out his wand.

Again, there was silence. Draco returned to his original position, glaring at him as he went. Cheriah threw his wand onto the ground and met Draco's eyes with a pleasant smile. Psychopath. His thoughts were interrupted by a quiet whimpering, like a wounded dog. Draco broke away from the professor's glance and looked down. There was Hermione, slack in her keeper's arms. Her face was sopping wet with tears and again, she was naked at her rapist's expense. Her clothes were shredded and half ripped off. A beautiful party dress totally ruined. She was a woman defeated.

"Ron..." She whimpered again, staring down at his body.

"Now, now my dear." Cheriah softly patted her hair, comforting her, although she took no notice.

"It's a real shame he had to die."

"You're right," Draco replied, with hostility in his voice.

"I thought it was you, to be fair." The teacher shrugged with a smile.

"Get on with it." Draco snarled as he tried to make his clenched fists less obvious.

"I intend to get away with this you know." Jesse gestured to Ron's disturbingly still body. "I also intend to kill you Draco. And your whore of a girlfriend."

"...Whore?" He whispered.

"Didn't you hear?" The man laughed, still holding Hermione in his arms as she gazed down at his body. "She's slept with half of the year! And me!"

He's lying. He's lying.

The liar kept on laughing and laughing.

"You're not special at all." His voice was still as she looked into Draco's eyes. "Don't think for a moment she loved you."

Draco tried to refrain from punching him in the face. Liar.

"Regardless, as I said I intend to kill you," He awkwardly shuffled towards him with Hermione in his arms, "But I will take away the thing that you love most."

"No!"

"I will break you, Draco Malfoy!" The teacher screamed hysterically.

Not Hermione, take me, but not Hermione.

"Did you guys dance, at your little ball?" He said with a crooked smile, waving around his own wand.

"Did you guys... kiss?"

"You're sick, you know that?" Draco shouted, just getting another laugh out of the teacher.

"Did you kiss her?" He said again in a whisper, leaning in. "Did you want to... fuck her right there?"

He's crazy. Don't let him break you.

"You stole my dance with my girl. So we're going to dance right... now."

Slowly, he waved his wand, and music started. He took a trembling Hermione out of his arms, and she sagged against him, danced. The man looked overjoyed. He danced with all the youth and happiness of a sixteen-year-old boy. It was the most horrifying thing he had ever seen. The thirty-year-old man danced with the naked girl and had the time of his life. They twirled and spun to a lively three-step waltz. And as they did, Draco caught the glance of Hermione. Her eyes were wide open and angry, despite her body still loose in his arms. She looked at Draco and spoke silently to him. She did not open her mouth, but he understood what she said.