Chapter 10- Undisclosed Adoration

Hermione was still feeling awkward from her encounter with Draco and Pansy, but tried to push it out of her mind as she walked to the library. She had a free period and wanted to spend some time in the library to cool off. Hermione went to the shelves to retrieve her favourite book, Hogwarts: A History. She got there quickly, as she had spent many hours in the library through her years at the school, scouring the shelves. As Hermione picked up the book, a small piece of paper slid out of the book and fluttered to the floor. She tilted her head in confusion and reached to pick up the small piece of parchment. She unfolded the paper and read the message:

Dear Hermione,

You are probably wondering how I knew you were going to pick up this particular book to and pick the message up off the floor as you just did. Regardless, that is for me to know and you to find out.

I have been watching you from a distance for a while and have grown fond of your pretty smile and confidence. It would be a great honour to go out with you tonight. It may seem sudden, but I'm quite sure you don't mind surprises.

If you feel the same way, please meet me at the new restaurant in Diagon Alley at precisely 8:00.

From,

Your Soon to be Dinner Date.

Hermione hurriedly glanced around her. No one seemed to be watching her. She was shocked to have a secret admirer. She was nothing special, but they sure had courage asking her out like this. Hermione was intrigued by the invitation and decided to attend. Besides, she wouldn't want to hurt someone's feelings. Hermione decided she would let them down easy. With that, she scooped up her books and scurried off to her next class.

~

Draco had just returned from another boring herbology class. He had no idea why he decided to attend this year. He was basically re-learning everything he was taught previously. I should have skipped right to training at St Mungos, he thought. He soon arrived at the Ravenclaw common room. Draco had quickly grown fond of it. The bright light coming in from the windows and roaring fire was a contrast to his old Slytherin dorm.

Draco entered the bedroom and sighed in relief as Hermione had not returned yet. He flopped onto his bed effortlessly and took off his tie. Classes were thankfully over for the today. Well at least all the important ones. Draco was missing study class. He walked to his drawers and pulled out a can of muggle soda. During the break between the war and school, he had spent some time in the muggle world and had discovered the interesting creation. He was using magic for the draw to stay cold, but no-one needed to know that. He listened to the satisfying sizzle of the can opening and took a sip of his drink. He was contemplating why the muggles called it 'cola' and rummaging around in his robes for the peppermints he normally carried there and felt his fingers connect with parchment. He reached into his pocket to find a piece of paper labelled with his name. Draco opened it and read the letter between sips.

Dear Draco,

This is a note for your eyes only. I would die if anyone saw it. That is why I slipped it into your robes when we passed in the hall. Please read it alone.

I have always had a crush on you. I adore your bleach blond hair and how is always tousled and looking gorgeous. You are killing the rugged handsome look this year. I sigh whenever I see you smirk.

I really like you Draco, which is why I am asking you to the new Italian restaurant at Diagon Alley. Meet me there at 8:00 for our dinner date. It would mean the world to me if you came.

Love,

Your Secret Admirer.

Draco smirked as he read it. So someone had a little crush on him. He would meet and romance her. Another girl by his side was always good. Plus, it might deter Pansy. She was always hanging off him these days. He shuddered at the thought. Italian it is, he thought and went to his closet to pick out an outfit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A/N

Hey guys! Happy 10th Chapter! I have started planning the plot, so from now on it will be more structured. You guys are amazing so drop a vote or a comment if you like! Also sorry, italics aren't working for me right now so I'll change that when possible.

Update:
I have fixed the italics 👍

love,

ash

xx