Royal Advisor

Tending to the plants in the garden I hear the statues begin to sing behind me, keeping my gaze on the flora I tried not to get distracted by their cheerful prancing "Alissa please get me the scissors" they're singing soon stopped and I heard soft footsteps upon the grass "here you go" Alissa handed me the scissors her stone cold hands gracing mine "thank you" taking the scissors from her I began to cut the dry leaves of the trees "that will be all Alissa, you may go back and with the rest of the statue's " hearing her footsteps fade into the garden I smirk at their carelessness "I swear no matter how old they are they never seem to mature"

Placing the scissors on one of the tables I walked towards the waterfall I had recently created, its streaks shining like beautiful crystals "quite enchanting isn't it?" Hearing a man's voice from behind me I quickly turn and face him.

Turning to face the possible assailant I readied myself to hex the man behind me "Jareth...I could have killed you" lowering my hand I took a deep breath "I have come to thank you for the idea" Jareth spoke a soft smile on his face "well it was for the best of others" Taking the scissors back from the table I walked back into a small tool shed hidden inside the garden.

"Well you are right....now I've come here to make you a simple proposition"  his hands twitched as he stalked from one side of the room to the other "I want to invite you back into my kingdom" Jareth suddenly blurted out.

Shocked by his words my head snapped back up "what do you mean?" stepping closer to him I tried to spot the small sign of hesitation or deceit "I would like you to join me in the castle as my advisor"

This time it was me who began to pace relentlessly "me a king's advisor?" the very thought was laughable, how could he think of such a thing? "yes, well, after all, there is no one more fit than you" he explained, nodding like a small child I pull him into a hug "thank you..." I whisper, feeling his smile against my neck I held him tighter "you deserve it".

We left the small garden as soon as possible, the excitement I felt nearly made me feel as if I had fireworks going off inside.
The Gobling Kingdom has changed, it was no longer a small group of sheds, no now it was a great city and in the center of it now stood a tall and majestic castle, "you've done well Jareth" nodding my head he smiled.

"ITS THE ROAMER!!!" One of the citizens yelled "Juliette?!?" another voice surged from the streets "SHES BACK!!!" A group of goblins yelled happily as they ran towards me, smiles on their faces and joy in their step "Juliette!!" the one closer to me held me in a hug "We missed you so much!!" kneeling down to their level I held many of the goblins as could.

"We are so glad your back!!, how long are you staying?" one of the younger ones asked, not really knowing the answer I turned to face the handsome prince behind a "I'll stay for as long as his majesty allows me to" shouts of joy filled the crowd "come, come let Juliette go after all she's got a job to do" Jareth's voice made the crowd fall silent "he is right, I must go now" I spoke caressing some of their heads we head down to the castle.