From stone to life

I was woken up early in the morning, not by any servants but by Jareth himself. Glaring at the man through the small gap in the door I resisted to urge to jinx him "Jareth what on earth are you doing at my door at this forsaken hour?" My voice was sweet but my eyes told an entirely different story.

Basking in my rage Jareth chuckled "you my dear are going to start getting prepared for the ball" before I could even process his words a swarm of Goblins and other creatures stormed my room, each holding extremely priced items that would have made a princes swoon "Have fun" was all I heard before Jareth locked me in the room, he was lucky that I understood the importance of creating a new look otherwise the highly idiotic king would have ceased to exist.

It's been one hundred sixty-seven dresses I have tried on, sadly trying on dresses isn't the only thing I have to go through. There are the jewels, the shoes and let's do not forget the hair and makeup!! " I think I have tried far more dresses than possible, can't we take a break?!" I asked only to be met with exasperated face of Jareth. He had shown up up around the fiftieth dress, not that his presence was really needed, all he did was make me want to chortle him "no go try the next one" he dismissed as he looked through more of the dresses "Jareth-" I sigh "fine" I huffed out pulling my dress upwards walking back into the dressing room.

Taking the next dress into both of my hands I inspect the fabric, the dress was white its sleeves complimented its puffy skirt as did the silver engravings "now this isn't as bad" I spoke to myself and proceeded to put on the gown.

Fixing up the skirt I carefully walk out the dressing room "Ah Juliette you look breathtaking!" Leefront spoke "thank you Leefront, wheres Jareth?" my eyes now searching for the Fae "he had some business to attend to...he has ordered me to assist you" he smiled shyly "that is very sweet of you Leefront! now what do you think about the dress?" I questioned as I twirled before him "Its perfect Miss!" he spoke gleefully "Well wonderful!!" Grabbing the skirt of the gown I made my way back into the dressing room. It was over! Good riddance!

Coming out in my usual pants and poets shirt I sighed in content, after hours of wearing a corset I was more than glad to be wearing my normal attire "not one for dresses Miss?" Leefront asked teasingly "Is it that easy to tell?" I smirked back "Now if you would allow me to let me guide you to the gardens" bowing respectfully Leefront extended his hand "that's all right Leefront I think I should go on my own" patting Leefronts head I walked out the room.

Things seemed to have gotten better at the Labyrinth, but somehow I get the feeling that they won't stay like this for long. "Juliette you're back!" the statues shouted happily as they ran towards me, their arms spread open as they held me in a friendly embrace "Glad to know you've missed me" walking out of their embrace, I smiled at their goofy smirks "the Labyrinth has gotten very boring without you" Oili sighed "ah, well now we both know you can manage to have fun without me" walking towards the fountain inside the stone garden I took a seat on one of the large rocks before playing with the water "not that I'm not glad but, why are you here?" Alissa asked talking a seat beside Oili and myself "there's a ball..." I began to explain "A BALL!!" They all shouted simultaneously before hugging each other like over excited preteens "and you've come here to invite us right?" they asked accusingly, ready to kill Juliette if her answer was anything but "yes of course! its this Friday...but you need to wear this" summoning three crystal clear necklaces into my hand I watch them stare in wonder "what are those?" Alissa asked "crystal necklaces they will allow you to appear Fae like before the rest" I explained as I handed each of them a necklace "you mean we will no longer be stone?" they asked hopefully "that's right, now be very careful these are one of a kind and took years to make" I confirmed making their smiles only widen as the clasped the chains around their necks "Oili!!!" Alissa screeched as each of them assessed their new appearance.

"WE ARE NO LONGER MADE OF STONE!!!" All of them hugged each other as they jumped around "I take you like your presents then?" I asked my arms crossed over my chest and a smirk on my face.