Tonight

Juliette's POV
A fire was lit and all the goblins sat around it, the fear reflected in their eyes as they stared at me "now from what I heard is that you've been causing trouble?" Jareth asked carelessly "trouble your highness?" One of them asked fearfully "yes actually we have received lots of complaints regarding your staffs" taking one of the staffs Jareth began to swing it back and forward, the small creature in the far end of the sick constantly shutting its jaw in hopes of capturing something.

"Well isn't that interesting" I spoke, placing my finger right in front of its teeth the creature immediately stopped attacking "fascinating" Jareth agreed as he split the staff in two "and now useless" he finished as he set what's left of the staff on fire "now I hope we understand each other, am I right?" Jareth asked smugly "yes your highness" they bowed fearfully "you may go now" After dismissing the group of goblins the tension in the air reduced.

"Well that's one last problem to worry about" I spoke "yes one last problem" he agreed "....but we still have an issue to discuss" I stated, "you mean the kiss?" He questioned "yes the kiss, I would like to know where we both stand" circling Jareth he gazes into my eyes never breaking eye contact "I cannot deny Juliette...ever since I met you I felt an attraction towards you" blushing slightly at his words I smiled "meaning?" I pressed on "if you allowed I would like to court you" he spoke before taking hold of both of my hands "court me?" I smiled teasingly "yes now what do you say?" He asked once more "I'll think about it" pecking one of his cheeks I made my way back to the castle.

Jareth's POV
My own words plagued my mind, had she refused me? No, she wouldn't...then why did she hesitate "I have to clear my mind" breathing out what's left of my sanity I followed the path Juliette took back to the castle.

"Your majesty!!!" Leefront called out once I entered the doors of the castle "your majesty, the king and several other court members have accepted your invitation and shall be arriving tonight" snapping my head towards the scared goblin he took a step backward "what do you mean they will be arriving tonight?!?" I asked angrily "well that's what the messenger said" he rambled "that leaves us no time then, YOU GOBLIN GET JULIETTE TELL HER TO MEET ME AT THE DRESSING ROOM!!" As soon as he heard my order the unknown goblin ran out the room to fetch her.

Several pieces of clothing have been displayed before me in hopes of finding the right one for Juliette "what is going on?" Juliette's voice echoed from behind me "change of plans my father will be arriving tonight, so we must be working on your appearance" shocked by the news Juliette nodded her head "well then Jareth I'll need your help" sprinting over to the dressing room Juliette took a few dresses with her "come on Jareth help me with the rest!!" She yelled from behind the door.