•Chapter 2•

The demon walked by me last, disguised as a tall girl wearing a tight purple dress and a glint in its eye. It sensed someone behind it and turned around, but I was already gone. I had joined Alec, Izzy, and Jace on an arch going between two buildings. As the demon walked under we all jumped off, Alec and Jace just jumping while Izzy and I did a front flip and landed in a slightly crouched position. We made our way into the club, Pandemonium(idk how it's spelled), before splitting up. Jace was behind us so Izzy and I went ahead and went to the back area where the demons where. We sauntered in, strutting to where the dancers dance. I stepped up into on of the podiums, unbuttoning my coat and throwing it to the ground. Izzy did the same and we both started to dance. It wasn't long before a fight broke out, Alec threw me my blade before I shut everyone else out as I fought a demon. He was weak, easy to kill. The next one was the same, newbies I guess. I felt my bracelet turn into a whip and I whipped another demon across its chest. It hissed in pain before attacking again, this time I whipped it's neck and killed it. I looked around noticing that all the demons were dead and a girl with orangish hair was staring at me in fear. I grinned at her before she turned around and ran. Jace turned to me annoyed.
"Thanks for scaring her away, Clair." He said sarcastically.
"Oh shut up you dick." I snapped before walking back into the club with Isabella. We stayed do a few more hours, the both of us deglamorizing and just letting go. By the time we got back to the institute we were both drunk off our asses and about to fall over. We had been leaning on each other the whole way, depending on each other to stay up. Alec immediately came up to us and helped us sit down on the ground before going to get Jace. When they got back Izzy was sleeping on my shoulder and my head was on top of hers. I could tell they thought I was sleeping to as they talked.
"Sometimes it surprises me they even make it back alive." Jace whispered.
"It's their bond, they depend on each other so much that even in their drunkenness they can defend each other." Alec wasn't quiet as he talked and I let out a soft groan. My head was pounding.
"I remember one time they came back in the middle of the night sobbing. I heard them as they walked by my room and came out. Claire was holding onto Izzy like her life depended on it. Neither of them would tell me why, still haven't." Jace said. I remember that night, vividly. I was with Magnus, both drunk out of our minds. I never thought anything would happen, he does swing for the other team after all. But it did, and I regretted it so much. I still do. I slowly opened my eyes and noticed that they weren't paying attention to us. I quietly got up and snuck out of the room and up to my hideaway, the roof. I had found it a while back, a small little patio, and turned it into my refuge. I laid down on the hammock and closed my eyes, falling asleep.