•Chapter 16•

I rolled my shoulders, getting ready to jump onto the building. I locked eyes with Jace and nodded, activating my rune before jumping up and landing in a slight squat. I pulled out my phone, making my way over to the power box. I pulled up the virus before plugging it into the right cord, shutting down the security cameras. We should have a few hours at the least, enough time to get in and get out. I quickly made my way to the service entrance and barricaded the door before jumping back down, landing next to the group. Jace, Clary and I made our way into the station, ready to call the Lightwoods at any given moment. We split up, Jace and Clary going one way while I went another. Maybe twenty minutes later I met up with them.
"I think I have a plan." I said after being caught up with what had happened. Luke had been arrested and hadn't been able to get the tarot card, the one that was the mortal cup, and now it was up to us. Clary and Jace looked at me and I grimaced, knowing that one of them wouldn't like this plan.
"A good plan?" Jace questioned.
"Yeah, 90%" I said as we got closer. "Just follow my lead. Oh, and sorry." I apologized.
"For what?" Both Jace and Clary asked.
"The other 10%." I admitted when we made it to the room. I slapped him, hard, before moving closer to Clary.
"You son of a bitch!" I yelled. "Stop following me!" Jace held his cheek, looking at me in shock.
"What happened to being discreet?" He whispered.
"What?!" I said loudly. "You cheated on me!?"
"I-huh?" Jace said confused. "I did not!" I heard Clary talking to some women as I inched closer to her.
"You will never see me at your crappy apartment again!" I exclaimed emotionally. Jace looked offended, calling out as some officers came closer to him.
"Hey, that girl meant nothing to me. Nothing!" He exclaimed. I ignored him, turning to Clary and letting a few fake tears run down my face.
"Your boyfriend I presume?" The girl officer asked, causing me to scoff.
"Not anymore, I'm Claire by the way." I said. She nodded at me and gave a smile. Clary and her continued talking as I zoned out.
"Claire, I'm sorry. I apologize, I just want you to know it only happened a few times and I am totally-"
"Shut up!" All three of us girls exclaimed.
"Babe, come on!" Jace said, trying to come closer only to be stopped.
"Listen, you don't get to call her "babe," okay? In fact, you don't get to call her at all. Claire's done with you. You got it? Take him out." The woman said, the two men following her command.
"Hey, I have rights!" Jace exclaimed before being dragged out. The women turned to me, seeing one of the only runes visible on me due to my clothes that covered practically everything, way to much in my opinion.
"Perhaps it's for the best." She said before making a sound. "Matching tattoos?" She asked causing me to look down.
"Yeah, that's-that's nothing." I answered her, before stepping a few feet away and letting her and Clary continue their conversation. A few minutes later Clary and I were exiting the building, having been informed that everything in Luke's desk had been put into evidence.